"CAN U JAM" moves to The Malin, Sunday 4th Dec

"Can u Jam".... the open mic' night, will start at The Malin Bridge Inn on Sunday 4th December.

The long-running jam session was based at The Deep End for several years until the pub's demise earlier this year. The sessions at The Malin (194 Holme Lane) will be twice weekly and held in the function room at the back of The Malin (big room with stage). All equipment will be provided including, guitar;bass;drums; two x vocal mics; lead guitar amp (please bring your own lead guitar).

SUNDAY 4.30 - 7.30pm

WEDNESDAY 8pm - 11pm

Children are allowed until a certain time (please check first) and the atmosphere will be friendly and welcoming.

For further info' please contact The Malin Bridge Inn (0114 2348241)

Sorry, i forgot to mention....... The tram stops directly outside (Malin Bridge tram of course). :)

Good luck with the move! I'll try and make it along sometime.

Julian

Well I'm going to get myself round to the Malin on the fourth providing I shake this cold off and show you what you've all been missing (I'm beginning to regret saying that already!).

I shall ofcause check before hand, but that'll be me with my two young daughters and wife sat in the corner awaiting my chance.

I'll be the one who closes with 'Regrets, I've had a few.....,'.

Anyways, mine's a pint.

If you are really lucky you might see "Marylou" strutting her stuff. :clap::thumbsup:

I will come and watch good old twinkle toes do the cha cha!!!!!!!! Hope he does his Jimmy Osmond impersonation its grrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaat

Marylou u coming Sunday ?? if u do please behave yourself, we dont want anymore "little accidents" do we ;)

Well the cold has gone so providing I can get down, I should be there (it's a question of balancing family and the fact that the missus is going on a hen night that same evening).

Whether I make it or not, I hope you have a great evening and I shall look forward to the next one.

(But I AM going to try and get there, even if only for an hour.)

:clap::clap:

Dear sheffair1

I should be there mate, ages since I've been out.

I will also be at the horse and jockey again on the 16th

In the meantime have a look at

shrine-of-the-monkey.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

:headbang::banana::headbang:

crappy french car driver

sheffair1

A top evening my friend. Naturally I would have liked to have stayed a little longer but maybe next time (and there will be a next time - I'll bring some other muso mates down).

I thought you got the sound spot on too. I thoroughly enjoyed getting behind the drums. That was the first time I've played drums since 1998 so you can appreciate how rusty I felt.

However, I should have remembered to remove my rings because, as Ringo said at the end of Helter Skelter 'I got blisters on my fingers!'

Thanks for a great evening.

Dave.

Ousetunes

Really enjoyed your playing matey....will have at least one monitor next time....i like the version of "She loves you"...sounded great. :clap:

Wednesday 21st December Christmas party jam (fancy dress...ie....come as any popstar u want )

Boxing day special jam on Monday 26th December.

:thumbsup: (all at the Malin, Holme Lane)