"Thank You" from The Runaway Girl

This is an email to everyone that has been involved with The Runaway Girl over the last 2 and a half years... the customers, the amazing bands and live acts, the many hardworking DJ's and promoters and of course our ever supportive friends!

As some of you may already know, but for those who don’t, The Runaway Girl has had quite a dramatic few weeks as we have had a visit from a certain world renowned chef filmed for a certain Channel 4 TV programme.

As those of you who are familiar with the programme will know the week of filming usually involves a lot of changes intended to create a more sucessful and sustainable business. The main change that has been made is to the actual focus of the business and that we will now absolutely focus on being a restaurant and ensuring the food and service we provide are of high quality.

Although we are really excited by the changes, I'm sad to say that this does mean we can no longer continue to host the varied live music events and DJ's at weekends, as we need to be able to provide a consistent restaurant service.

This has been an emotionally tough decision to make We would like to say a big ‘THANK YOU’ for being there with us along what has been a very interesting and definately challenging journey so far and we hope you will all join us for the next part... Both Donna and myself are incredibly excited about the changes that have been made over the last 3 weeks (new name, new menu, revamped interior) and we hope that you will all come down to see them for yourselves and sample our new menu and let us know what you think.

These next few months will be about really making the place ours and putting Sheffield spirit into the venue, so your thoughts and opinions will be really valued. We will miss the old Runaway Girl but we are VERY excited about what we can do now and hope you will be too...

Best Wishes

Justin & Donna

Silversmiths Restaurant & Bar

111 Arundel Street, Sheffield, S1 2NT

t: 0114 270 6160

I think as long as the food's of a consistently high quality and the service is top class you can't really go wrong.

Sheffield is still lacking really good quality restaurants so if you stay focused you'll make it every success.

RIP The Runaway Girl. You HAD a great bar there, it will be sadly missed by many.

Good luck.

Thank you for your kind words and support! We hope we can be something positive for Sheffield as we are focussing on Sheffield and Yorkshire produce we hope this will strike a cord with the good folk of this city!

That's a really kind message. I was never a Runaway Girl regular, but I'm looking forward to popping in to try Silversmiths!

do you have a website i can go have a wee peek at?

Justin, are you going to do Veggie specials? (You gave me a menu as you were locking up on Friday night) I'm not keen on blue cheese - sorry!

What a shame that the live music is gone ... one customer less !

If you only went for the live music, they probably don't want you as a customer anyway?

I went a couple of times and quite enjoyed it, though the bar was a bit of a rip off. Good luck with the new focus.

If you only went for the live music, they probably don't want you as a customer anyway?
And whats wrong with a venue having live music ?

Thank you for your kind words and support! We hope we can be something positive for Sheffield as we are focussing on Sheffield and Yorkshire produce we hope this will strike a cord with the good folk of this city!

I'm worried now, it's all beginning to sound a bit traditional. All flat caps and whippets and all that!

:|