SHEFFIELD UFOon saturday night 14/07/2018

I was driving near to Strines inn (Bradfield) around dusk last Saturday night (14/07/18).

I saw a very bright light in the sky, I couldn't determine any shape. It then moved horizontally across the sky for about 10 seconds. It then disappeared , that is the light went out, it didn't fade or anything. Its movement across the sky was very rapid. No plane would come close to the rate this moved .

I have considered it might be a meteorite , but would have thought that they do not usually travel horizontally.

Has anyone got any thoughts or did anyone else see it.????

as for UFO's , I am a sceptic , and still am but does make you ponder.

I was driving near to Strines inn (Bradfield) around dusk last Saturday night (14/07/18).

I saw a very bright light in the sky, I couldn't determine any shape. It then moved horizontally across the sky for about 10 seconds. It then disappeared , that is the light went out, it didn't fade or anything. Its movement across the sky was very rapid. No plane would come close to the rate this moved .

I have considered it might be a meteorite , but would have thought that they do not usually travel horizontally.

Someone flying a drone with LED's?

Any big events on in the city??

Sometimes get search lights as part of the occasion, can see those things for miles around.

Could have been a meteor. If they enter our atmosphere at a shallow enough angle they just bounce off back into space.

Someone flying a drone with LED's?

This is a sign of the times; the first thing people used to say is "Chinese lantern".

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object, so an object which appears to fly but yet to be identified.

The time to be sceptical is when someone claims to know what it is without providing evidence.

It might have been a helium Chinese lantern? Saturday was carnival night in a village not so far away. These things are regularly seen in Hope Valley for birthday celebrations and any other excuse. They are often large and easily confused with other lights in the night sky. Also sometimes planes flying low to and from Manchester airport can be seen with large headlights on and can be very noticeable when you are driving high up at the other end of Stanage Edge from Strines area. Just suggestions based on similar marked experiences.

Probably an Iridium flare, sunlight reflecting of the solar panels on an Iridium satellite. Very common around dusk and dawn but also visible when it's completely dark.

There are apps and websites that will tell you where and when one will be visible.

I was sitting on a bench at the top of Stannington on Saturday evening, and I saw this as well I presume it was a meteorite as it came over from east to west and disappeared over the valley at Loxley, presumably burnt out.

i doubt its a lantern are a quadcopter/drone the op stated that any known plane he as ever seen could not move anywhere as fast as this did

Edited by grand