Building next to Hen and Chickens

Can anyone tell me what the building is that is next to the Hen And Chickens Public House on castle green it is in the style of the Old town hall but i cant seem to see what its used for or was used for thanks

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3843445,-1.46494,3a,75y,359.57h,85.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sma1-igfBpIaaxVKK1UZXGA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Is it the old Crown court?

Will be the old court house.

Hi,

It was an old police station. I believe there is a tunnel from the old Court House under Castle Green to this building.

Yvonne

As YvonneOD wrote, it is the old police station. There's a photo and brief description here.

Is this not where the famous charge room steps were - the ones that so many people "fell down"

Is this not where the famous charge room steps were - the ones that so many people "fell down"

I think that was the cop shop on Water Lane, but they could have been annexed in the old days.

As YvonneOD wrote, it is the old police station. There's a photo and brief description here.

I always thought that was a bonded warehouse,the bottom section.

I always thought that was a bonded warehouse,the bottom section.
The building in the photo is shown in directories as a police station, but Wiley's bonded warehouse was just across Castle Green - see here (from the 1942 Kelly's Directory).

My memory is that this building was on the corner of bridge street and castle green.