How Was It For You?

So the seasons over all bar a couple of meaningless games, both sets of fans have had plenty of bluster – us Owls pre-season, the blades early season but both have finished with the same – nowt.

Whats your view of the season on the whole and what does your club need to do in the summer?

So the seasons over all bar a couple of meaningless games, both sets of fans have had plenty of bluster – us Owls pre-season, the blades early season but both have finished with the same – nowt.

Whats your view of the season on the whole and what does your club need to do in the summer?

Bit premature toppy. Be patient and cross your fingers for us. :)

6 Derby 44 19 71

7 Millwall 44 12 69

8 Brentford 44 12 68

9 Preston 44 9 67

10 Bristol City 44 10 66

11 Sheff Utd 44 7 66

There may be some combination of these teams playing each other that makes it impossible for us, I haven't gone that deep.

Been a good season a blade. Little to complain about, and next season looks promising.

Started the season confident of a top two push and a minimum play off place

Ended the season..not sure of the managers ability to take us forward next term..

The injuries have wrecked any chance of consistency this season..performances under both CC and JL have been poor in most instances....can't wait for the season to end and the club need to move certain players on,which could be difficult if they are still under contract....but for me i get rid of...

Palmer,Loovens,Mattias,Vennacio,Wallace,Jones,Fletcher,Boyd,Fox,Winnall,Dawson ...& obviously let Butterfield go back..

Things have to change to avoid a repeat of this season and it will be interesting to see what happens...

Been a good season a blade. Little to complain about, and next season looks promising.

Wish I felt the same way......

Started the season confident of a top two push and a minimum play off place

Ended the season..not sure of the managers ability to take us forward next term..

The injuries have wrecked any chance of consistency this season..performances under both CC and JL have been poor in most instances....can't wait for the season to end and the club need to move certain players on,which could be difficult if they are still under contract....but for me i get rid of...

Palmer,Loovens,Mattias,Vennacio,Wallace,Jones,Fletcher,Boyd,Fox,Winnall,Dawson ...& obviously let Butterfield go back..

Things have to change to avoid a repeat of this season and it will be interesting to see what happens...

I never expected top 2 as I thought the squad didn't have the right balance but top 6 should have been acheivable if the injuries hadn't been so severe.

Of the players out I'd probably keep Venancio and Dawson but agree the rest could (but probably won't) go, don't forget Abdi as well.

Edited by top4718

I never expected top 2 as I thought the squad didn't have the right balance but top 6 should have been acheivable if the injuries hadn't been so severe.

Of the players out I'd probably keep Venancio and Dawson but agree the rest could (but probably won't) go, don't forget Abdi as well.

I'd forgotten about Abdi to be honest...but im curious to see how he'd fare if we got him fit and he had a decent run of games..his reputation proceeds him from his Watford day's but he's been a big let down since he signed for Wednesday...

I'd forgotten about Abdi to be honest...but im curious to see how he'd fare if we got him fit and he had a decent run of games..his reputation proceeds him from his Watford day's but he's been a big let down since he signed for Wednesday...

I've heard a rumour that he may have to retire from a persistant knee injury which is a shame as he was a good player for Watford.

Bit premature toppy. Be patient and cross your fingers for us. :)

6 Derby 44 19 71

7 Millwall 44 12 69

8 Brentford 44 12 68

9 Preston 44 9 67

10 Bristol City 44 10 66

11 Sheff Utd 44 7 66

There may be some combination of these teams playing each other that makes it impossible for us, I haven't gone that deep.

Correct,how is it for us would be more appropriate.........very good thank you.:hihi:

There cannot be an Owls fan out there who would have predicted how badly wrong this season has gone. I always said we would be challenging for a play-off place and to finish where we have i would never even contemplated the outcome, for whatever reason, and we all have our views on them. As for next season , i suppose it all revolves around who is at the helm. If JL stay,s , and i think he will, there is no doubt there will be a clear out. Some of the players are on long contracts and are very unlikely to move, would you when someone is going to pay your wages for sitting on the bench it would have to be a good offer. If someone else comes in he will have his own idea,s so it,s a catch twenty two situation.

Even the Blades most loyal fan would not have anticipated how well the the season has gone for them. Well done, can they keep it up next season, they have certainly set the bar at a high level, who knows it,s a funny old game so they say.

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 15:22 ----------

There cannot be an Owls fan out there who would have predicted how badly wrong this season has gone. I always said we would be challenging for a play-off place and to finish where we have i would never even contemplated the outcome, for whatever reason, and we all have our views on them. As for next season , i suppose it all revolves around who is at the helm. If JL stay,s , and i think he will, there is no doubt there will be a clear out. Some of the players are on long contracts and are very unlikely to move, would you when someone is going to pay your wages for sitting on the bench it would have to be a good offer. If someone else comes in he will have his own idea,s so it,s a catch twenty two situation.

Even the Blades most loyal fan would not have anticipated how well the the season has gone for them. Well done, can they keep it up next season, they have certainly set the bar at a high level, who knows it,s a funny old game so they say.

Correct,how is it for us would be more appropriate.........very good thank you.:hihi:

I've suspected you were not good enough for a top 6 place from the turn of the year, nothing has happened since to change my mind, your seasons over.

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 15:32 ----------

A definite positive in a dire Owls season has been the emergence and growth of the long neglected youth set up, many players getting first team run outs and not looking out of place and the U23’s and U18’s doing very well in their respective leagues.

I've suspected you were not good enough for a top 6 place from the turn of the year, nothing has happened since to change my mind, your seasons over.

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 15:32 ----------

A definite positive in a dire Owls season has been the emergence and growth of the long neglected youth set up, many players getting first team run outs and not looking out of place and the U23’s and U18’s doing very well in their respective leagues.

Sorry,Preston is not a meaningless match,it's there to be won because the mathematical possiblity still exists,and while it does,it's not meaningless.

I wrote weeks ago that in my opinion,we were not good enough for the play offs,and challenged the team to prove me wrong,they haven't,but that still does not alter the fact that the season is still alive until at least saturday night.

We went through this last season after confirming promotion,you were in my words 'wishing the season away' by posting stuff about ,let's wait while next season..........nope,we were still enjoying that season,all 46 games,and you're wishing this season away.....nope,we are still enjoying this season,this good season that we are still having,all 46 games of it,this is how it is for us,not how it was.