Sheffield Council workmen

I thought that Sheffield Council plumbers would be busy because of the bad weather but there has been a council van parked down my road for hours everyday. Previous to the bad weather it was also parked up for many hours. I wondered if it was close to the workmans home. So if your are waiting for any council repairs, tell the council to check where there vehicles are.

I work for the council and in the bad weather tradesmen are told to park up safely and wait for any emergency repairs that may arise. As you can imagine in this weather even councils can be short staffed! Is the purpose of this post to get someone into trouble who has actually made an effort to get into work in these conditions?

As somebody that works for the council, I can assure you our boys are busy at it just like most tradesmen at the moment.

As somebody that works for the council, I can assure you our boys are busy at it just like most tradesmen at the moment.

busy at it? That's an interesting turn of phrase, - a bit confessions of a council plumber.

I thought that Sheffield Council plumbers would be busy because of the bad weather but there has been a council van parked down my road for hours everyday. Previous to the bad weather it was also parked up for many hours. I wondered if it was close to the workmans home. So if your are waiting for any council repairs, tell the council to check where there vehicles are.

As the vans are fitted with trackers they will know exactly where it is. Have you nothing better to do than watch council vans all day?

Do council vans have the function of the worker written on them, seems strange? :confused:

Do council vans have the function of the worker written on them, seems strange? :confused:
they used to have signs on them saying things like plumbing and heating division. dont know if this is still the case however :suspect:

I find for the most these guys work hard and always do there best ,now they are taken back by the council (in house) most with brand new vans as well,BUT I hope that if they underspend over the year,that they don't do what was done in the past and reduce there annual spend,which happened in the past,when it was done in house.

Tell tale lol

How do you know it's a plumber?

Also there all tracked so the council will know what they are up to.

Also do you have nothing better to do in your day then spy on council vans

How do you know it's a plumber?

Also there all tracked so the council will know what they are up to.

Also do you have nothing better to do in your day then spy on council vans

..Why not?..........we need to know where our council tax rises go!