Leading QC calls for fresh investigation into Diana death.quiry

Leading QC, Michael Mansfield, has called for a fresh investigation into the death of Princess Diana. He insists her death in a car crash 20 years ago was 'no accident.'

Highly respected, Mr Mansfield, represented Mohammed Al Fayed at the original inquest, which was not a trial, and had to abide by certain inquest rules which prevented full disclosures.

He was particularly critical of the police's failure to fully investigate the letter which Diana gave to her lawyers predicting her death in a car crash. He airs his suspicions on a programme on TLC tonight.

Having read the entire verbatim transcripts of the inquest at the time (which was 10 years after her death for some reason,) I was struck by the difference in what was actually said, and the way it was spun in the mainstream media to mean something entirely different. It was that that made me suspicious in the first place. I think there are still questions to be answered.

Edited by Anna B

Michael Mansfield , lawyer to the rich and famous calls for fresh investigation . Wonder if he can see the ££££ signs ?

i think we really should let her rest in peace

What an absurd thing to say; she's utterly unaware of any of it. She's dead.

Michael Mansfield , lawyer to the rich and famous calls for fresh investigation . Wonder if he can see the ££££ signs ?

Didn't he stick up for the Guilford four and the Birmingham six? He also defended the Orgreave miners, Mansfield isn't a lackey for the rich and famous.

Edited by JNewton69

Let her rest in peace. The only people I believe who are responsible for her death were the ones who chased the car that night. The same people I suspect who were taking photos of her when she was dying in the back of the car.

It's going to be one of those stories in years to come were some will say she was murdered and others, like me believe, it was a tragic accident.

Guest makapaka
Leading QC, Michael Mansfield, has called for a fresh investigation into the death of Princess Diana. He insists her death in a car crash 20 years ago was 'no accident.'

Highly respected, Mr Mansfield, represented Mohammed Al Fayed at the original inquest, which was not a trial, and had to abide by certain inquest rules which prevented full disclosures.

He was particularly critical of the police's failure to fully investigate the letter which Diana gave to her lawyers predicting her death in a car crash. He airs his suspicions on a programme on TLC tonight.

Having read the entire verbatim transcripts of the inquest at the time (which was 10 years after her death for some reason,) I was struck by the difference in what was actually said, and the way it was spun in the mainstream media to mean something entirely different. It was that that made me suspicious in the first place. I think there are still questions to be answered.

There aren't - she just died in a car crash.

The media did a sterling job in convincing the country we'd lost a saint when in prior years she wasn't particularly popular - they got to sell papers etc on the back of it and in the mail and express (predominantly) they still do.

They continue to stir it now but it should just be left alone as above posts.

Didn't he stick up for the Guilford four and the Birmingham six? He also defended the Orgreave miners, Mansfield isn't a lackey for the rich and famous.

All for free? hes only interested in high profile cases

All for free? hes only interested in high profile cases

So he's not interested in defending the rich and famous then?

So he's not interested in defending the rich and famous then?

???the rich and famous are high profile

???the rich and famous are high profile

Birmingham six and the Guilford four?

Birmingham six and the Guilford four?

rich ,high profile . famous ,high profile . Birmingham 6 , high profile . Guilford 4 , high profile. Orgreave miners , high profile . Joe Bloggs , no chance .