Anyone a mechanic on here? Advice only (no jobs/quotes etc)

Got my mot due next month.

My handbrake needs attention.

I pull it all the way up and it isn't working.

I've adjusted it, but think the cable has stretched or need new brake shoes fitting.

Last year mot I was told one of the back brakes had started sticking and it will need attention.

If I pull the brake all the way up the brakes stick on for a while ?

Chances are, the problem is your rear brakes, it is usual for the rear brake and handbrake to work together. What car is it?

Best take it to a mechanic then.

Sticking brakes won't pass the MOT, neither will a non-functional handbrake.

I'm confused by the OP...Is it advice he needs? He already knows what the problem is...

Or is he asking for a place to take it to get the work done, or asking for a mechanic to visit?

:huh:

So last MOT, a year ago, you were advised that a back brake needed attention, and here we are, a year on, probably lots more miles later, it still needs attention? Please explain!

So last MOT, a year ago, you were advised that a back brake needed attention, and here we are, a year on, probably lots more miles later, it still needs attention? Please explain!

:huh:

Hmmm...

... I don't understand it either!

You'd have thought it would have got a lot better in all that time... :rolleyes:

Based on what the OP has said, I'm guessing there was an advisory for a minor repair.

It was ignored, and now its looking like a more costly repair.

I've tested cars one year and advised tyres worn close to the legal limit, then tested them the year after and failed them for being worn through to the canvas. :roll: Frightening what defects people are happy to drive about with, seriously you don't want to know.

I would like to discuss something If you read this and are a mechanic with an abs problem on pug 206.

What the Hell? Posted on one thread, merged into another irrelevant thread.

Edited by Dardandec
Clown show

I'm a mechanic, but I haven't got an ABS problem with a pug 206 ;) fire away :)

Just bought a 2003 pug 206 with abs light on it. Fella who i bought it off said it needs new brake pads thats why lights on. Does that sound right? He pads werent completely worn and would be safe for about another 1000 miles or so. Only 24 quid to have them replaced. Would this be whats causing light to be on? Thanks