Where is the Sheffield music scene?

has anyone noticed how hardly any venues apart from the obvious (leadmill, plug, o2) hardly put live music on anymore? :confused:

I remember when you could go to a different venue every night and listen to someone. Greenroom, the forum and the hop have all stopped...

anyone got any ideas?

Royal Standard, Dove & Rainbow, West St Live, West St Ale House, New Barrack Tavern, The Crown, White Lion. To name just a few.

The Greystones, Yellow Arch Studios ... depends what you want ...

I really recommend Picture House Social. Great place to watch up `n` coming bands of various genres, usually local. Space for maybe a couple of hundred watching and great drinks on offer. And pizza.

So much going on! Picture House Social as mentioned below has some great bookings. Bigger bookings occasionally at Plug and Leadmill.

Also Yellow Arch, The Greystones (for folk), Jazz at the Lescar (for jazz).

For more local artists check out Foodhall, Peddler Night Market, and the venues at Castlegate - Plot 22, Delicious Clam.

The Mulberry Tavern and the Church House.

I go to West Street Live two or three times a week. Wide variety of live music between 8 and 11pm Sunday to Thursday. Free entry, cheap drinks, great sound and generally not crowded at all. They publish their line-ups on Facebook so it's generally easy to avoid any genres/bands you're not keen on.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/WestStreetLive/events/?ref=page_internal

I really recommend Picture House Social. Great place to watch up `n` coming bands of various genres, usually local. Space for maybe a couple of hundred watching and great drinks on offer. And pizza.

great bands, not so good though if you have asthma or other breathing difficulties, the main room has severe damp, etc.

very few free gigs now, band need paying these days.

Edited by gamezone07

Honey bee blues club put loads of gigs on around sheffield

Cafe Totem and Record Junkee are both in the city centre and put on gigs all the time.

There's loads of small venues- the drop off has been in bigger and more established bands visiting Sheffield I think.

great bands, not so good though if you have asthma or other breathing difficulties, the main room has severe damp, etc.

very few free gigs now, band need paying these days.

I am under the impression that it is slim pickings for bands these days. Lots playfor nowt. I love Pic House. Also rate Delicious Clam , Café Totem and I'm visiting Record Junkee soon for a gig.

We went to brothers arms at heeley bh Sunday was a good atmosphere and bands on most of the day. Crown at totley has live music often too just not advertised enough.