Lowedges slip road

Has anyone got any idea why the slip road from lowedges onto chesterfield road has been closed

I suspect it is to help cyclists on a rather busy rd.

What it has done is made a very safe slip rd junction into a very dangerous slip rd where instead of using the momentum of a car to join the traffic you now have to pull out into traffic moving at 40mph......typical council stupid idea!!

Just drive on the slip road part as before and build your speed up. It's only white paint so won't actually stop you or damage your car!

All that stupid assorted bunch of white lines on the sliproad managed to do was make me think wtf? Then I continued driving and used it same as before they appeared....

As long as you can drive around the barriers that have been erected to make sure you have to pull out into fast moving traffic..................

Unfortunately there is now an obstacle that now forces you to make a 90 degree turn on to Chesterfield Road, taking it, as the op says, from a safe slip road allowing traffic to filter to a left turn.

It would be nice to know the reasoning behind this.

Just a matter of time before there is an accident. What are the council thinking it has made this into a very dodgy junction. I wonder who's bright idea it was.

As long as you can drive around the barriers that have been erected to make sure you have to pull out into fast moving traffic..................

Ah, they weren't there a number of weeks ago when I last used it. Might make it more of a challenge then! :P

I think it is to make into more of a give way junction, instead of speeding up and filltering into moving traffic. The planners have made a total pigs ear of this area, with really stupid lane markings, particularly into entering and exiting the nearby Meadowhead roundabout. Just like they did with the Woodseats debacle. They do not have a clue! And we pay their wages!

Unfortunately there is now an obstacle that now forces you to make a 90 degree turn on to Chesterfield Road, taking it, as the op says, from a safe slip road allowing traffic to filter to a left turn.

It would be nice to know the reasoning behind this.

Indeed and the number 53 buses seem to be struggling with it...

It's to reduce the speed of the getaway cars as they do another raid on the bookies at Bradway!

Those barriers appear to be temporary and EASILY MOVED out of the way if you get what I mean!