Sign in to follow this  

"DrinkoPub" Name Yours!

As read in GQ!

Gastropubs are dead and we are now witnessing the new "DrinkoPub".

Definition of a "Drinkopub"-

A simple sanctuary where a man can soothe his soul with a pint, a spot of pontification and a packet of pork scratchings. A "DrinkoPub" is an equal-oppurtunities commitee. DrinkoPubs endeavour to break down social boundaries and there are few financial restrictions as entry can be yours for the price of a half. They are clean, characturful and cozy retreats where strangers can still speak to each other without recourse to bluetooth or a Blackberry. Where debate streches further than your PS'3s processor and DJ Koala's newest remix.

Pop down and have a quiet drink, there won't be much aged oak balsamic vinegar, but the beer is well-kept and not all the people are as frightening as they look, and if you still want an upmarket meal there are still these quaint old things called restaurants.

The above is not work of my own! It is borrowed in part from GQ. Though I do agree with a lot of its content! And would like to be the first to nominate my pub, The Devonshire Arms, Ecclesall Rd as one of these pubs. Good Beer, including local ales, good traditional home cooked lunches and of course regulars who aren't all as scary as they look!

Cheers!