Sign in to follow this  

"Bouncers"- The public perception?

Sorry to hear everyone's negative experiences/opinions about the d***heads amongst the doorstaff circuit- the bad ones need whacking...sorry, sacking!:rolleyes: I may know one or two of the one's mentioned at Millionaires/Flares.

But there are a great many decent and more polite and civilised ones out there, too.:):thumbsup:

If people have complaints about door staff get in touch with The SIA http://www.the-sia.org.uk/home

The oversee the security industry and all doorstaff have to be regestered with them. Each member has to have a badge with a number on them at all times when they are working.

People who are working unbadged can get hefty fines and prison time

I've had problems with the security in Flares....

They let half of our group in and then decided the rest were too drunk. Even though it was the second bar we had been in.

Then ofcourse the others had hassle getting their entrance fee back.

That's the one and only time I've ever been in there. (Nearly).

For the most part the t-shirts these people wear should say "In-Security".

Ever since the law changed and the *old skool* doormen cant get badged and made way for new doormen who are young and only in it to get the ladies i am not amused! I know alot of doormen who couldnt get their badges renewed cos of something they done a long long time ago and they are really nice and experienced and knows what to do in a situation. Not like the new doormen that will go in blazing at the first sign of trouble. Okay im not gonna slate all new doormen but some of them are like that and act as though they are something. :nono: Dont get me wrong some old skool doormen can be nasty too.

All in all never judge a book by its covers even though the edges are rough :D

Some can be alright and some can be down right ignorant.

(just like sales assistants in shops)