Mr Trump - All discussion here

I think it's probably finance related, no US banks would loan to him back in the day.

It is finance related and it is the Russian oligarchs who hold the key.

Putin may portray himself as some kind of post modern emporer but he himself is in hock to the oligarchs. Putin's grasp on power isn't as iron fisted as people make out. He is there courtesy of a very fragile alliance of vested interests. Trump is just a useful distraction. Look at Putin today. He wasn't elated with Trump's sycophancy he was completely disinterested.

As soon as the 'useful idiot' ceases to be useful, he'll be fed to the wolves by the Russians and news organisations worldwide will be re running today's statements ad infinitum.

It is finance related and it is the Russian oligarchs who hold the key.

Putin, when asked if he had any dirt on Trump refused to directly say he hadn't. Later revised to some wishy washy "he wasn't of interest" ;)

Fox News White House correspondent John Roberts said "There is a growing consensus across the land tonight ... that the president threw the United States under the bus"

http://theweek.com/speedreads/785243/watch-fox-news-reporters-scold-trump-throwing-under-bus

Fake news? :suspect:

---------- Post added 17-07-2018 at 10:57 ----------

http://theweek.com/speedreads/785261/new-york-daily-news-hits-trump-hard-open-treason-front-page

.. Ouch!

Edited by Magilla

I was listening to radio four last night, they were saying that there are talks about kicking Trump(USA) out of the World Trade Organisation(WTO).

Americans are paranoid about communism and Russia. They are fed a constant diet of 'we're the good guys, the Russians are evil <removed>. On this, they are one of the most brainwashed nations on earth.

Surely the truth is somewhere in between.

Edited by nikki-red

Never mind Republican outrage, it would be interesting to know how this plays out with Trumps core supporters.

Most have spent their whole lives being told that Russia is the enemy (remember Reagan's 'evil empire' comments.) Even the dumbest of Trump's supporters must be thinking 'that don't look very 'America First' to me.' It is often said that regardless of how stupid Trumps comments and Tweets are, they are not meant for us but for his core supporters. His comments yesterday were definitely for a Russian audience. I suspect he doesn't actually know what and how much Putin has on him, just that they have something.

I wonder how soon we will see our first Trump rally when veterans start booing him?

Never mind Republican outrage, it would be interesting to know how this plays out with Trumps core supporters.

Easy, go to Breitbart and read the comments. They're fully in lockstep and spinning it as if only Democrats are upset. Entirely detached from reality.

The irony that they're at least if not more fundamental than any terror organisation is completely lost on them I'm afraid.

Further evidence - as if it were needed - that Trump is an idiot and a dangerous one.

He sides with Putin rather than the US security services and describes the EU as a foe.

I can't really imagine where or when this lunacy will end, but I'm pretty sure it will end badly.

I’m totally ambivalent towards Trump

I really can't understand how any reasonably intelligent human being can adopt that position.

I’m totally ambivalent towards Trump

This is nonsensical...a bit like saying you're ambivalent towards racism. If you're not critical of some of Trump's talk/actions/deeds then you are supportive of him.

Many of the Trump protestors don't seem too bothered about other more basic issues, there was not one banner on any of the demos about his tax cuts or welfare cuts, it is all identity politics.

Many of the Trump protestors don't seem too bothered about other more basic issues, there was not one banner on any of the demos about his tax cuts or welfare cuts, it is all identity politics.

I think you'll find not many of those protesting either pay tax or claim welfare in the US.

Anyway, who on earth are you to say what people should or shouldn't be protesting about?

Anyway, who on earth are you to say what people should or shouldn't be protesting about?

1. He didn't say they should/should not be protesting.

2. Who on earth are these people who say that all people supporting Trump are unintelligent? :)

---------- Post added 17-07-2018 at 19:52 ----------

This is nonsensical...a bit like saying you're ambivalent towards racism. If you're not critical of some of Trump's talk/actions/deeds then you are supportive of him.

One can be critical of some of his talk/action/deeds and support some other of his talk/action/deeds, therefore ambivalent. What's nonsensical about that?

---------- Post added 17-07-2018 at 19:57 ----------

Further evidence - as if it were needed - that Trump is an idiot and a dangerous one.

He sides with Putin rather than the US security services and describes the EU as a foe.

I can't really imagine where or when this lunacy will end, but I'm pretty sure it will end badly.

Lots of people in the UK would describe the EU as a foe. Are they all idiots?