The Mayor of Sheffield City Region.

Would someone provide me with the latest update on where we are going with the Mayor of Sheffield's position. I am aware there is one now.

I am interested in knowing:

a) if it is an elected position?

b)What kind of a budget has been allocated?

c) any progress on Sheffield (or Sheffield area per se) managing its own finances/expenses/infrastructure ?

d) if there is political support for the position ?

e) are the people themselves backing the change ?

f) are other cities such as Rotherham interested in joining ?

Thank you

Would someone provide me with the latest update on where we are going with the Mayor of Sheffield's position. I am aware there is one now.

I am interested in knowing:

a) if it is an elected position?

b)What kind of a budget has been allocated?

c) any progress on Sheffield (or Sheffield area per se) managing its own finances/expenses/infrastructure ?

d) if there is political support for the position ?

e) are the people themselves backing the change ?

f) are other cities such as Rotherham interested in joining ?

Thank you

The question you've posed would more relate to the office of The Mayor of Sheffield Region rather than Sheffield's Lord Mayor and most of the answers can be found here: About the Mayor.

Thank you, I read the info with interest. It was disappointing to see the position has no salary and to be still in the dark relative to the plan for revenues and expenses for the regional authority.

It appears most infrastructure money continues to go London and its suburbs, which has to change. The only way it can is if Sheffield/regions has control of its own purse. Much more devolving of government jobs from London has to take place to cities like Sheffield, but not Manchester I believe, as they appear to have done very well so far. Be interesting to see what the ratio of infrastructure expense per capita was between the two cities over the past 25 years