When is the best time to sell a house?

No, not always.

A recent sale which I handled involved a brochure with just external photographs- nothing internal.

The house was mostly untouched since the mid-1960s and it still contained a lot of stuff which was house-clearance material only.

It was sold to a purchaser seeking to gut it, more or less.

Yes we found alot of buyers fell into two categories when it came to doing work on the place, either;

A: Totally gut the place - looking to buy as cheap as possible

B: Minimal decoration/DIY.

Had our house on the market for two weeks and no luck. Its a lovely little terraced house. Is this not a good time of year to sell or does the weather and World Cup not help!!!

Hmm, having had a look at the pictures the layout does seem odd. A spiral staircase leading to the first floor would put families with children off. Am I right in thinking there's also an open staircase from the lounge to the first floor? No offence but it seems a little strange.

Its a very quirky house and very attractive. Suit young couple or single person who wants something a bit different!!

we have houses in the village changing hands in days, we have others that have sat for several months(two for sale near me with Purple Bricks,but that could be a coincidence)

Hmm, having had a look at the pictures the layout does seem odd. A spiral staircase leading to the first floor would put families with children off. Am I right in thinking there's also an open staircase from the lounge to the first floor? No offence but it seems a little strange.

Yea the staircases are killing it, worse still with a more conventional layout it'd be a three-bed and not a two.

I was told after Christmas everyone starts making life changing decisions, get divorced and need a smaller house, or realise over christmas they need a bigger house. So early on in the year is a good time to sell.

You put a property on the market at a time that suits you, in the hope that someone wants to buy it at a time that suits them. It has always been so and always will be so, no magic formula involved. ;)

Quote Golden Oldie: Its a very quirky house and very attractive. Suit young couple or single person who wants something a bit different!!

As others have said, two staircases seems odd, particularly as one is spiral. They can be tricky to use and it can be impossible to get furniture etc upstairs. Was the house three bedroomed when you bought it? Hopefully you will soon find someone who wants a quirky layout in their home.

Edited by Jomie

One long staircase just going up

And one even longer coming down

(And one more leading nowhere, just for show)?