Credit score history

How would I score never had a loan never had a credit card and never had a mortgage. Anything I need I pay cash. would I have a good score or a bad one

You will have no history so will have a low score, paying by direct debit and having a credit card that you pay payments on helps build up you credit history.

Do a free credit check here without any trial period to see what your score is= https://www.noddle.co.uk

You need to have had credit to have a score. Have you ever had a mobile phone contract or been responsible for paying household utility bills?

Are you looking to get a loan? If so, your bank might be the best place to start as they "know" you the most. That's what I found when I had no credit history. Same with credit cards - get one but don't use it.

I found having an unused credit card negatively affected my score. Getting rid improved it. Although I had had it for a long while.

If you've never used credit are you stupid enough to think you have a good credit rating??

You would have no credit score at all in your current position. If you want to have a good credit rating apply for a card which is for people who are repairing their credit scoring, there are lots of them about. It will have a credit limit of £2-500. Buy all the stuff that you'd normally buy with cash with your card instead, then put your cash in your bank account and use it to pay the card off every month.

A few months down the line you'll have a credit rating with only good marks on it, which is a good place to start.

I found having an unused credit card negatively affected my score. Getting rid improved it. Although I had had it for a long while.

I use my credit card for fuelling my car. I note what I've spent at the pump, pay on my CC then transferring that amount from my current account to a 2nd account. Come month end I transfer the total back and pay off the CC.

No just wondered out of interest. It doesn't really matter I would never buy on credit

No just wondered out of interest. It doesn't really matter I would never buy on credit

You can use credit but also by not really using it if you pay it off every month so you never accure interest. There are many deals out there like cash back or some form of points collection. For example I use a cashback credit card to do the majority of my spending on. I always pay it off every month so it doesn’t cost me anything. However, I also end up getting about £500 a year of free money because of all the cashback.

A colleague of mine collects points with the IHG hotel group and he effectively gets his holiday accommodation paid for for the year.

By all means, don’t take advantage of perks that don’t cost you anything.

So you don't have a mobile phone contract, or any utilities?

These are all forms of credit, you use the service first, you pay for it at the end of the month or even the quarter. :huh:

Credit cards offer you additional consumer protection when purchasing things (costing >£100), well worth using just for that fact.