Sheffield Council workmen

£1.3bn

The amount in reserve wouldnt last very long. Wouldnt be surprised if they legally have to keep a reserve and therefore cant spent much of it anyway.

Whre's that figure from? Just interested

Whre's that figure from? Just interested

I just googled "Sheffield City Council spending" and it was the 2nd result, a PDF on the SCC website by the looks.

MAybe you can help..have a look at this:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/your-city-council/budgets-and-spending/Statement%20of%20Accounts%202015-16.pdf

If I'm reading this correctly it looks like the council has a cash reserve of over £330 million...

Why do you suppose that they carry a reserve?

Why do you suppose that they carry a reserve?

If you look at page 10 it explains.

I thought that Sheffield Council plumbers would be busy because of the bad weather but there has been a council van parked down my road for hours everyday. Previous to the bad weather it was also parked up for many hours. I wondered if it was close to the workmans home. So if your are waiting for any council repairs, tell the council to check where there vehicles are.

If you were that Concearned why didn't you go and ask him what he was doing there. Usual practice for NOSY Parkers. My God I wish I had been the bloke in the Van and if you did approach me and asked what I was doing, you would have got a right Gob full. You would have walked away with Colliflowered Ears. :hihi:

I thought that Sheffield Council plumbers would be busy because of the bad weather but there has been a council van parked down my road for hours everyday. Previous to the bad weather it was also parked up for many hours. I wondered if it was close to the workmans home. So if your are waiting for any council repairs, tell the council to check where there vehicles are.

Wouldn’t be parked up if it was a self employed plumber. The one next to me has been out on call from 8am till 10 pm every day during this cold spell.

If you look at page 10 it explains.

I already knew:)

I was just trying to lead some of the other posters to the idea that a surplus is actually a good thing. Essential even.

You’ll be pleased to know that most of this year’s rise will be going to keep vulnerable people alive and well. You can’t really expect councils to function when they have lost almost half their funding since 2010. Something has to give somewhere.

No, I'm not pleased to hear more and more money is taken to be wasted.

If councils want to have enough money, then stop putting 3-5 sets of traffic lights at every junction, and then another junction 100 yards away, and another and another.

Talking of waste, over a third of our tax is to pay council employees pensions! I doubt anyone is pleased about that either, especially those of us who cant afford our own pension but are forced by law to pay others.

last year i had a new boiler fitted by my sons friend who works for the council after it had been fitted i asked him about it being signed off. he replied it will be his brother who would be signing it off because he wasnt gas safe registered? i wonder how many council plumbers are "gas safe" and just have someone going round signing these off :suspect:

last year i had a new boiler fitted by my sons friend who works for the council after it had been fitted i asked him about it being signed off. he replied it will be his brother who would be signing it off because he wasnt gas safe registered? i wonder how many council plumbers are "gas safe" and just have someone going round signing these off :suspect:

all qualified gas fitters/heating engineers who work for the council on gas are gas safe approved more likely your sons friend either isnt a qualified gas fitter or doesnt work on the gas section and as such doesnt need to be gas safe registered (probaly just a plumber who deals with watre issues) but then he is also breaking the law and putting you and others at risk just so you could have a boiler fitted on the cheap.

all qualified gas fitters/heating engineers who work for the council on gas are gas safe approved more likely your sons friend either isnt a qualified gas fitter or doesnt work on the gas section and as such doesnt need to be gas safe registered (probaly just a plumber who deals with watre issues) but then he is also breaking the law and putting you and others at risk just so you could have a boiler fitted on the cheap.

i wouldnt say what we payed was cheap and yes his brother signed it off so we can be rest assured that our boiler is under warranty:D

i wouldnt say what we payed was cheap and yes his brother signed it off so we can be rest assured that our boiler is under warranty:D

but it was fitted by a unqualified person and that is illegal