Heartache and heartbreak.

why does it hurt so much :(

how long does it last and do you ever really get over it.

realisation stinks and love just plain sucks :mad:

i heard its meant to be 1/3 of the length of time you were with someone to get over it.

It lasts as long as it lasts - there's no magic cut-off time, when it suddenly stops hurting and you forget all about it.

And the pain doesn't necessarily get any less, it just gets less frequent, so it doesn't dominate your life.

The best thing you can do is distract yourself from it, go out, make new friends, take up new interests - give yourself less time to think about it. It's not easy at first, but it really does help. The more you find to do, the less often you'll feel the pain.

why does it hurt so much :(

how long does it last and do you ever really get over it.

realisation stinks and love just plain sucks :mad:

Takes a few months and maybe you're this upset because it's something you can't have.

You should move forward and get yourself out there with someone else.

i think thats it..... thing is i am not too sure i actually want it anymore either :confused:

guess its the nights drawing in thats doing this to my head :|:hihi::(

i think thats it..... thing is i am not too sure i actually want it anymore either :confused:

Enjoy them being alone or with friends. Plenty of time for being in a relationship again.

I was the same when i broke up but **** happens and you have to accept the path ahead.

You sound so sad.

I hope you feel better soon.

BS.

You sound so sad.

I hope you feel better soon.

BS.

nope, not sad, i am happy with my life the way it is now but sometimes when the realisation really starts to kick in i guess it geets you thinking :)

i heard its meant to be 1/3 of the length of time you were with someone to get over it.

That's twaddle. I was only with my partner who died a matter of months, but I still grieve for him now, even when I'm in another relationship 3 years later.

There's no such thing as a set time for grieving for lost loves, whether that loss comes as a result of splitting up or death of your loved one.

Cry when you need to cry, laugh when you need to laugh, reminisce when you need to reminisce. I hope you feel better soon norks.

It never goes away. Sometimes it is easier to deal with than other times. You miss the kisses and the cuddles, and the debates over what you are going to have for tea; the goodmornings and goodnights; the presence of your ex is like a ghost - ever haunting.

You know you have to get over it, and time eventually makes it a little easier ... but it never goes away. Just more baggage for you to carry for the rest of your life.

And sometimes you will sit there alone at night and cry - but that's okay.

Dragon of Ana

you get over it when you find someone else, works for me :thumbsup:

It never goes away. Sometimes it is easier to deal with than other times. You miss the kisses and the cuddles, and the debates over what you are going to have for tea; the goodmornings and goodnights; the presence of your ex is like a ghost - ever haunting.

You know you have to get over it, and time eventually makes it a little easier ... but it never goes away. Just more baggage for you to carry for the rest of your life.

And sometimes you will sit there alone at night and cry - but that's okay.

Dragon of Ana

So very true x