Advice on a broken tooth please?

half of my back tooth has just broke off,im in no pain,with it,i can still see the bottom half of the tooth there,

what do i do?

leave it till my next appointment in december?

or ring and go and see them?

half of my back tooth has just broke off,im in no pain,with it,i can still see the bottom half of the tooth there,

what do i do?

leave it till my next appointment in december?

or ring and go and see them?

Your probably best going to see your dentist as soon as possible even if it isn't hurting. Half of my front tooth chipped off when I was younger and it didn't hurt or anything, but I was still told to go to dentist.

Does it hurt when you have hot or cold foods?

Edited by Nataliie
spelling mistake

I would go and see the dentist if I were you.

It will probably start hurting at some point, if you don't, and that is likely to be when you can't get to the dentist for a week and have to put up with agony.

its all fine at the moment just feels strange

hmm might have to ring dentists then

yes go! This happened to me and i had some right problems with it! Was a tooth i'd been in agony with before.

Not worth not paying the £48 or whatever it is to get it filled. Mine still feels weird in my mouth and i wanted the dentist to take it out but he wouldn't... eventually had to have a old darker filling as the white ones weren't strong enough. I was bashing my top teeth on the bottom one and that's what was causing the pain.

You should go to the dentist as you really don't want to develop a dental abscess, they are sooooooooo painful.

ok ill defo ring them tomorrow and make an appointment,thankyou all of you:)

You should go to the dentist as you really don't want to develop a dental abscess, they are sooooooooo painful.

If you end up with an infection / abscess you will lose the tooth, get it sorted now and you may get away with a crown.

OW GAWD - I'll second that! I had an abscess once and it was the worst pain in the world, even worse than childbirth! My face was stuck out like a rugby ball and I was writhing in agony! I went to the dentist to have it seen to, and the smell was unbelievable when he released all the stuff from it!:gag::gag: Sorry if anyone's eating!

had a bad night with it,hurting like crazy,cant stand hot drinks argh,

gonna ring dentists at 9am and see when they can fit me in:rolleyes:

update,

saw the dentist today he has put some temp cement in it and told me not to have a crown put on as its the very back of my mouth and he says he couldnt possibly get in to work a crown on it!

hes told me to tell my dentist to put some permenent cement on it when it comes off.

how much did it cost? i lost a tooth and thinking of having a crown put in, whats the normal price?