Forehead-slapping moments of stupidity?

I've spent the last year grumbling to myself about my husband's tin opener being a pain to work. Just now, I got it out to open some soup, and realised I've been turning the handle the wrong way all this time. It goes anti-clockwise, rather than clockwise. D'oh.

It reminded me of the time I was brushing my teeth with the toothbrush I'd been using for a month or so, when my 10 year old son asked me "mom, how come you never turn on the vibration?" I gave him a "huh?" look, and he took the toothbrush, and pressed a very obvious button on the handle, and it went buzzing away. The worst part is that was the second brush from a pack of three.

So, come on, share your "d'oh" moments...

I once went for an interview with a computer games developer in Warrington. In the interview I was asked if there were any particular types of games I wasn't interested in working on. I said I was interested in anything but sports simulations. I then saw the look in the interviewer's face and said

"you develop sports sims don't you?"

He nodded to me and told me there wasn't any point in continuing the interview. I spent the journey home laughing at my own stupidity.

i got on the wrong tram this morning.

it came from the right direction and i was convinced it was my tram. but then i had this niggling doubt as it approached the the fork in the tracks...and sure enough, round to the train station i went.

i got to work 15 minutes late and was greeted with a little cheer when i got there....id had to text my boss and tell him why i was running late. *blush*

x

i got on the wrong tram this morning.

it came from the right direction and i was convinced it was my tram. but then i had this niggling doubt as it approached the the fork in the tracks...and sure enough, round to the train station i went.

i got to work 15 minutes late and was greeted with a little cheer when i got there....id had to text my boss and tell him why i was running late. *blush*

x

aw bless you, it is easily done though!

I remember when I was at uni in London. Had come out of the supermarket with loads of shopping, got on my first bus home. Got off bus number1 and saw a bus at the stop for my bus number2 - ran round, lept on without checking the number and got my book out. A good while later I looked up because I should have been nearly home, to find I didn't have the foggiest where I was.

Got of at the next stop before I got any more lost, but didn't think to look at what number bus it was as it drove off to get back on one going the other way!!

ended up paying for a taxi home! :help:

Obviously

If somebody got stuck in a letterbox I suppose you could only slap them in the forehead or poke them in the eyes for their stupidity.

aw bless you, it is easily done though!

im putting it down to a stinking cold, a shocking nights sleep and a general desire not to be at work! :gag:

x

ick!!

doesn't sound good. Must be something in the air cos naughty upstairs neighbour (more specifically a stupid male friend!) was being VERY vocal last night!!

I mean, who in their right mind charges up and down a balcony yelling at 2.30am?!?!?!?

I mean, who in their right mind charges up and down a balcony yelling at 2.30am?!?!?!?

lol, you have met me on a saturday night on the lash havent you! :hihi:

x

lol, you have met me on a saturday night on the lash havent you! :hihi:

x

but while you are still out its a little different! and it was a wednesday too!!

how many would you like?!

i once ran for my bus as i was late home and sat wondering why my bus was taking a different route. i actually stayed on the bus all the way to woodhouse. i wanted crookes.

lotti has all my blonde moments on file i think lol

I've done the really stupid one of starting off down the wrong road when on my way home (towards a house I've just moved out of) a few times, but thankfully I have been spared the ignominy of being told by the new occupants that I no longer live there by remembering before I actually try to put my key in the door.

I've also been to visit friends and rung their mobiles when I've got there and found the house empty, only to find that they moved months before and I've already been to their new house more than once.

I blame my autopilot for this :blush: