Does anyone remember Blaskeys

Does anyone remember the wallpaper shop Blaskeys , my Mum used to work for them in the 1950's

Does anyone remember the wallpaper shop Blaskeys , my Mum used to work for them in the 1950's

I remember Blaskey's on Attercliffe. We used to go there for all our wallpaper. I especially remember the time I got my 'Hollie hobby' wallpaper for my bedroom. It looked beautiful. My mum had had to save for ages to get it for me and I loved it!

My sister worked there in the late 70s early 80s.

I think that there was also a Blaskeys on London Rd, at the side of the Heeley Coliseum.

my auntie used to work in the one that was near the old ABC, then she moved to the one under the hole in the road.I can remember getting a rabbit to hang on my wall that was made up of lots of melted pieces of plastic from there, must have been about 1975 ish

and I think there was one on Middlewood Road, Hillsborough opposite Woolworths

Who remembers Hedleys sweet shop at bottom of Dykes Hall Road Hillsborough in the 60/70's. They had a laser beam in the doorway at knee height which activated a buzzer when you walked in to alert them they had a customer! - very high tech forthe 60's

Used to be one on Spital Hill, left hand side going up.

Blaskeys had a shop on Duke St in 1936 Long time ago

I was working in the house of a Jewish lady over here in Canada.

We got to talking and when she heard I was from Sheffield ,she said" My son / daughter (I cannot remember which) married one of the Blaskey children"

Definately one in Hillsborough.

Anyone know what happened to them?

Many long years ago I worked for the National Coal Board. The office was in a large house on Snaithing Lane. We passed the house that the Blaskey's lived in to get to the office, one year about the middle of October the Blaskey's placed a rectangle of used railway sleepers on the back patio and subsequently threw into the middle of it other stuff to burn on the 5th. November, we could not beleive our eyes as it was very close to the french doors. As you can imagine when we went to the office on the 6th. November the back of the house had been on fire and the fire brigade had been in attendance.

Cynthia.