Things you hear in an office that make you grind your teeth

There are things that you hear in an office workplace environment that you just get so annoyed by. They’re like ‘stock frazers’ that people just churn out without thinking how stupid they are for saying it. Let me give you some examples:

“No sugar for me – I’m sweet enough already” (this is what some people say when you ask them if they want sugar in their tea

“Ooh, that’s meant to be good”

People say this horrible sentence about a film or something

“I’m not gonna lie…”

I was never even accusing the person of lying!

“That’s a no brainer”

This means it’s such an easy thing to understand that even a person without a brain can grasp it (which can’t be true when you think about it)

What things do you hate to hear in an office or anywhere else?

“No sugar for me – I’m sweet enough already” (this is what some people say when you ask them if they want sugar in their tea

You got promoted to Head Tea Boy ?

Well done you :clap:

The labelling of people as Jobsworths. This is literally complaining that somebody is following the rules of their job as they are supposed to do.

The labelling of people as Jobsworths. This is literally complaining that somebody is following the rules of their job as they are supposed to do.

As I have come across an few lately from a SCC contract I can tell you its not about what they are supposed to do. A jobsworth, as in these people want to follow the rules even if they are minor and petty even though its possible for them to be changed.

To answer the OP, its actually hearing someone grind their teeth. :hihi:

What, in the name of all that's holy, are 'stock frazers'???????????

Here are two which can annoy.

1. Incessant non-melodic whistling, sends you round the bend (oops another one)

2 Constantly rattling of loose change in a pocket

Here are two which can annoy.

1. Incessant non-melodic whistling, sends you round the bend (oops another one)

2 Constantly rattling of loose change in a pocket

Yes for sure with the whistling point. How is it even acceptable in this day and age? Are people aloud to go around an office signing pop songs? I don't think so. Are they aloud to go around an office 'blaring' music out of their phones? No way Hozay! So what's the difference with whistling? How is that not the same? It IS the same. It's the same.

The funniest ones are said in a hospital. When I was nursing I had to go round with the drugs trolley on the ward every morning and ask all the patients “ Have you had your bowels open today ?” After dishing out laxatives to the ones who hadn’t been, I had to ask them the morning after “ Have you been yet ?” ::hihi:

The office virtue signallers.

Those who loudly tell others that they hate the Daily Mail.

They Hate UKIP.

And, worst of all, if Brexit goes ahead we are all DOOMED! DOOMED!

What things do you hate to hear in an office or anywhere else?

That men and women are equal and there are no differences between the sexes.

Too true. You can bet the person saying it wouldn't risk their job for someone they don't know.