School kds DNA tested ?

Did I hear right, on ITV news tonght school kids are gettng DNA tested to prove their not so diffrent from there class mates?

Looked on the ITV web site including the local news and can't find a thing.

If I didn't dream it, was consent asked, what happenes to the results once the project is over, -given to the police or what. Thin edge of the wedge springs to mind.

Did I hear right, on ITV news tonght school kids are gettng DNA tested to prove their not so diffrent from there class mates?

Looked on the ITV web site including the local news and can't find a thing.

If I didn't dream it, was consent asked, what happenes to the results once the project is over, -given to the police or what. Thin edge of the wedge springs to mind.

Here?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/07/primary-school-makes-children-do-dna-tests-to-show-them-how-connected-we-all-are-6910706/

Thank goodness, thought I was gong do-lally. Dont you think it's dodgy?

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 21:06 ----------

Never mind what the offcial reason is, I think this s a plane to DNA test everyone in the country.

Do parents have rights to refuse? I don't trust what they could be using that information for

Everybody should give a DNA sample. would cut the crime rate dramatically.

They are teaching the kids that "there has never been more division in the world than today". How do they work that out?

Today some parts of the country have more than 1/3 foreign born. How does that compare with 100 years ago :loopy:

why stop there ?

Why not give everybody an ID card, like Bliar wanted ?

Hell, just chip and neuter us all at birth.

And also make it quite easy to potentially set people up for a crime they didn't commit. DNA evidence is incredibly useful but no case would stand on it's own without other evidence.

There have been some serious ethical compromises already with these DNA testing kits. One has clauses that allow them to use the data collected for research purposes and the company has been HEAVILY supported by Google...not sure I'd be ok with my data being used in that way.

why stop there ?

Why not give everybody an ID card, like Bliar wanted ?

Hell, just chip and neuter us all at birth.

Nah, bar coding us on the forehead. Much simpler.

And also make it quite easy to potentially set people up for a crime they didn't commit. DNA evidence is incredibly useful but no case would stand on it's own without other evidence.

There have been some serious ethical compromises already with these DNA testing kits. One has clauses that allow them to use the data collected for research purposes and the company has been HEAVILY supported by Google...not sure I'd be ok with my data being used in that way.

You'd need to be quite paranoid to think that someone would go to such lengths to set you up for a crime you didn't commit, leaving aside the fact that generally you could fairly quickly prove you were elsewhere. It reminds me of Americans justifying owning semi-automatic weapons on the basis that someone might want to rob and shoot them in their homes. How many enemies do these people make?!

I have no problems with a national DNA database, nor would I have an issue with my daughter providing her DNA if the school asked. Similarly I wouldn't have an issue with identity cards.

You'd need to be quite paranoid to think that someone would go to such lengths to set you up for a crime you didn't commit, leaving aside the fact that generally you could fairly quickly prove you were elsewhere. It reminds me of Americans justifying owning semi-automatic weapons on the basis that someone might want to rob and shoot them in their homes. How many enemies do these people make?!

I have no problems with a national DNA database, nor would I have an issue with my daughter providing her DNA if the school asked. Similarly I wouldn't have an issue with identity cards.

Anyone who would trust any government or large corporation with their DNA is bonkers. My DNA is my property and Ill keep it that way. If my kids school wanted my kids DNA for any purpose then they would have a fight on their hands.