Car indicators too subtle these days?

Either I'm going to show myself up as someone who is losing his faculties, or car indicators are getting harder to see. It seems that their function is coming second to the overall aesthetics of the car. Is it just me?

Yep, just you! Brake lights pig me off though, when the cars in front, particularly at night, do not use their handbrakes.

Either I'm going to show myself up as someone who is losing his faculties, or car indicators are getting harder to see. It seems that their function is coming second to the overall aesthetics of the car. Is it just me?

Oh dear bob, seem ok to me as well.

The ones built in to the headlights or very close to them are very hard to see when the headlights are on.

The ones built in to the headlights or very close to them are very hard to see when the headlights are on.

I've noticed that several times recently. What say we bring back trafficators?

Oh dear bob, seem ok to me as well.

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear. :help:

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear. :help:

This thread is in danger of becoming a test of your sanity bob.

This thread is in danger of becoming a test of your sanity bob.

That could be said of all the threads I start :) I think my problem with indicators is that they are not always where they used to be in relation to the other lights - perhaps I need to expect the unexpected.

Perhaps we should all lobby the car manufactures to bring back that little arm thing that use"d to pop out of the side of the car in the 50s.

The rear indicators on my Citroen C4 are on the small side & are made of clear plastic; the bulb inside is orange. Weren't rear indicators larger & made of orange plastic in days gone by?

I have said the same before. Its a psychological fact that a bright light makes it difficult to see other things.

Old age will no doubt make this worse.

Perhaps we should all lobby the car manufactures to bring back that little arm thing that use"d to pop out of the side of the car in the 50s.

See post 5