Wales Rotherham 8,628

Beighton Sheffield 13,027

Mosborough Sheffield 13,490

Hearings:

Sheffield Sheffield Town Hall, Pinstone Street, Sheffield, S1 2HH

Monday 17 – Tuesday 18 October 2016

Edited by Annie Bynnol
Added Rother Valley

I notice that one Barnsley and two Rotherham areas might be moved into Sheffield wards.

Would this just be for MP voting or will things like schools, Councillors and services be affected?

I notice that one Barnsley and two Rotherham areas might be moved into Sheffield wards.

Would this just be for MP voting or will things like schools, Councillors and services be affected?

That's already true. Penistone East and West, as well as Dodworth, are currently in with Stocksbridge with no effect on the council boundaries.

The proposed new Hallam and Stocksbridge constituency is a very weird shape with Jordanthorpe and Cawthorne being in the same constituency.

Looks good to me. It'll probably make central and hallam more competitive.

Looks good to me. It'll probably make central and hallam more competitive.

That will be a Labour seat. Broomhill and City are Labour/Green, Crookes is Labour/Lib-Dem, Eccelsall is Lib-Dem and Walkley is Labour.

I can't see Clegg fighting that with all the students in City, Broomhill, Crookes and Walkley.

That will be a Labour seat. Broomhill and City are Labour/Green, Crookes is Labour/Lib-Dem, Eccelsall is Lib-Dem and Walkley is Labour.

I can't see Clegg fighting that with all the students in City, Broomhill, Crookes and Walkley.

Clegg is in the Hallam and Stocksbridge constituency, so no he won't fight central. Most of the seats will remain labour in reality but the central seat which is currently Paul Bloomfield will be more marginal than it was.

It's about time they sorted these boundaries out. For too long the electoral wards have been heavily biased in favour of Labour. I see on the news today that some of the Labourists are throwing their toys out of the pram and want to delay it even longer. Perhaps they have a vested interest and want to keep more MPs than is neccesary.

It's about time they sorted these boundaries out. For too long the electoral wards have been heavily biased in favour of Labour. I see on the news today that some of the Labourists are throwing their toys out of the pram and want to delay it even longer. Perhaps they have a vested interest and want to keep more MPs than is neccesary.

This issue needs addressing in a proper cross party way, not just brought in by a Conservative party government.

This issue needs addressing in a proper cross party way, not just brought in by a Conservative party government.

It should have been brough in in the noughties, but Labour realised they had an unfair advantage and put it on the back burner. As did the Libs when they were in coalition. It is well past due, and they have instructed an independent body to look at it. I believe it is the Boundary Commission. They have found it is indeed unfair.

Clegg is in the Hallam and Stocksbridge constituency, so no he won't fight central. Most of the seats will remain labour in reality but the central seat which is currently Paul Bloomfield will be more marginal than it was.

Putting Stocksbridge into Hallam should make that one a tighter Conservative-Liberal fight next time

It is being implemented by the independent Boundary Commission. The Conservatives have no role in redrawing these boundaries.

As has been pointed out, it should have been bought in earlier, but parties for whom this disparity was advantageous refused.