Does The Past Haunt You more Now Than When You Were Younger?

and i can't figure out why.

Edited by Hal Jordan

I was knifed pretty badly when I was younger outside The Travellers Rest on City Road, and the aftermath didn't seem to bother me that much, I just recovered from my injuries and tried to get on with my life as best i could

but this last few years, I've thought about it more, and it's really coming back and affecting me more and more.

and i can't figure out why.

anyone else been through the same (i don't just mean being stabbed, but the past affecting you the older you've gotten?)

You could be suffering from anxiety or delayed postraumatic stress Hal Jordan, your GP or a hypnotherapist might be able to help.

By the time you get to my age it's the future you worry about, not the past ;)

Edited by boyfriday
spelling

lol - "GP or hypnotherapist". Sorry, like he's going to have a regular hypnotherapist!

Hal - sorry to hear about your probs. I think your sub-conscious might be giving you clarity after all these years of thinking about it, and that clarity is making you see things in a more impactful way.

Seriously though, get some help from someone, even if it's just once or twice. Just taking that step may be enough to help your sub-conscious realise the positive action and get over stuff, even if the GP or whoever may not say anything meaningful.

lol - "GP or hypnotherapist". Sorry, like he's going to have a regular hypnotherapist!

Who said anything about a 'regular hypnotherapist'?

None of us has a regular neurosurgeon, but we'd soon find out how to get one if we had a brain tumour.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GPEA_en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hypnotherapist+in+sheffield&fb=1&hq=hypnotherapist&hnear=sheffield&view=text&ei=HVnKSuDKGpOe4QagvYnHAQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you Hal, I can't imagine what it must be like to be knifed but I have suffered a violent assault that affected me badly for a long time afterwards. The thing with stuff like that, it can lie dormant for years only to resurface when you think you're coping.

I used to be really sniffy and sceptical about counselling but it really does help and I suggest you try it. You may have tried it in the past but sometimes it helps to have a 'top-up'.

Good luck, I hope things turn out well for you.