"Friends of Parson Cross Park"

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to all this so please excuse me if this isn't the right place to ask for opinions on this. I was wondering if there ever has been a Friends of Parson Cross Park group, or if anyone would be interested in setting a group up? I have lived in Parson Cross for just over 5 years and I'm very interested in getting involved in a community project. I know of the allotment group and the PXI charity, but just wondered if there would be any interest in this?

Thanks

L

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to all this so please excuse me if this isn't the right place to ask for opinions on this. I was wondering if there ever has been a Friends of Parson Cross Park group, or if anyone would be interested in setting a group up? I have lived in Parson Cross for just over 5 years and I'm very interested in getting involved in a community project. I know of the allotment group and the PXI charity, but just wondered if there would be any interest in this?

Thanks

L

http://northsheffieldnewsbeat.jusweb.co.uk/2016/11/10/sheffield-councillor-thinks-setting-up-a-friends-of-parson-cross-park-will-improve-the-park/

you may find this link useful

There are no friends of Parson Cross it seems.

I had the displeasure of visiting this park a few weeks ago to watch a game of junior football.

What a desperate place. Not quite as bad as Wynn Gardens though, if that's any consolation. And both are prime "Sheffield Wednesday" territory - the non-Sheffield football team.

It seems someone had been making plans https://sheffield.citizenspace.com/performance-research/parson-cross-park-public-consultation/

Speak to the people at the library. If you do get one up and running then have chat to Jade Blair via the Sheffield Litter Pickers group on Facebook as she has been organising those so is seemingly community minded.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

L

Hi

Is this any help:

Sheffieldvolunteercentre.org

I’m also looking to volunteer for a community type project, would have to be outdoors, can’t stand being indoors

Edited by Ridgewalk

Just bumping up this thread to see if anyone has an update about Fiends of Parsons Cross Park?

That's an unfortunate typo 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2