Does motorway driving define where you are in society?

In the outside lane is where you'll find people who drive mercs, audis, bmws and volks wagons. These drivers have the capability of knowing how fast they need to drive.

They don't need the nanny state to tell them how to think.

In the slow lanes are societies losers, people who will.drive at 60mph because they are told to do so. These people are unable to think for themselves and this is shown by the types of cars they drive.

In the slow lanes are where you find nissans or middle aged men driving honda jazzes (losers in life)

Note the lack of audis in the slow lane on any motorway.

You are defined as to where you are in.society by how you drive on the motorway

Mercs = winners

I drive for economy these days. I find if I sit around 55 mph I get where I going without feeling stressed etc

Rogets is defined in society by the deliberately inflammatory threads he/she starts ("loser" might well be appropriate ). I drive a honda jazz. I don't need to define myself by the car I drive. There is no independent thought when someone buys a posh car - they have been told through marketing to do this. They have been told they need to define who they are, their status in society by the car they drive. You might say I drive a honda jazz in defiance of this but really its just because I don't give a monkey's and just want to be able to own a car so I can get to places and have money left over to do something a whole lot more interesting.

Using my independent thought, i drive slowly to save money as its more efficient. i drive slowly to keep my children safe. I drive slowly to annoy the audi driver trying to touch my bumper. I even brake sharply (briefly) to warn them of their stupidity when driving too close - this really upsets them.

Edited by TimmyR
masked swearing

Rogets is defined in society by the deliberately inflammatory threads he starts ("loser" might well be appropriate ). I drive a honda jazz. I don't need to define myself by the car I drive. There is no independent thought when someone buys a posh car - they have been told through marketing to do this. They have been told they need to define who they are, their status in society by the car they drive. You might say I drive a honda jazz in defiance of this but really its just because I don't give a <removed> and just want to be able to own a car so I can get to places and have money left over to do something a whole lot more interesting.

Using my independent thought, i drive slowly to save money as its more efficient. i drive slowly to keep my children safe. I drive slowly to annoy the audi driver trying to touch my bumper. I even brake sharply (briefly) to warn them of their stupidity when driving too close - this really upsets them.

Good post tim..I'm exactly the same as you, in fact I'm that slow I could be a menace.. having said that, it did"nt stop me getting a speeding ticket last month. 34mph. in a 30zone. Grrr.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

me too. on Penistone road!

Went on a speed awareness course last Friday, that was a waste of time too.

4hrs solid, punishment.. saved me 3pts though.

Rogets is defined in society by the deliberately inflammatory threads he/she starts ("loser" might well be appropriate ). I drive a honda jazz. I don't need to define myself by the car I drive. There is no independent thought when someone buys a posh car - they have been told through marketing to do this. They have been told they need to define who they are, their status in society by the car they drive. You might say I drive a honda jazz in defiance of this but really its just because I don't give a monkey's and just want to be able to own a car so I can get to places and have money left over to do something a whole lot more interesting.

A car is a means of getting from A to B for me, it simply serves a purpose. What it looks like doesn't matter to me in the slightest. People can look down on me if they want to in my little battered car, its quite sad that status and being "better than" others so important in their lives

---------- Post added 19-10-2017 at 12:42 ----------

I drive for economy these days. I find if I sit around 55 mph I get where I going without feeling stressed etc

My car gets unhappy above 60mph when it runs out of gears in fifth, so I just pootle along in lane one when I go on the motorway. Its better to set off a bit earlier and get there safely and feeling relaxed :)

Edited by Isabelle

A car is a means of getting from A to B for me, it simply serves a purpose. What it looks like doesn't matter to me in the slightest. People can look down on me if they want to in my little battered car, its quite sad that status and being "better than" others so important in their lives

There is nothing sad about it.

People can only look down when they are higher, social status and money doesn't make people higher, matter of fact I look down at president trump cause he is underdeveloped.

In the slow lanes are societies losers, people who will.drive at 60mph because they are told to do so. These people are unable to think for themselves and this is shown by the types of cars they drive.

In the slow lanes are where you find nissans or middle aged men driving honda jazzes (losers in life)

That is me in my Renault, I try to keep above 60 though, there should be a minimum speed limit.

In the outside lane is where you'll find people who drive mercs, audis, bmws and volks wagons. These drivers have the capability of knowing how fast they need to drive.

<snip>

Mercs = winners

what a shame Brexit means that nobody will be able to afford the import tariffs imposed on Ze Germanese binwagens :hihi:

How will these superior people be able to flaunt their superiority, when the only car anybody will be able to afford to drive is a brown Nissan Micra 1.0L :help:

Mmm, brown :)

Wow! Brake checking someone on the motorway. A great way to keep your kids safe.

Note the lack of audis in the slow lane on any motorway.

You are defined as to where you are in.society by how you drive on the motorway

Mercs = winners

You dont even own a car.

I did 32miles recently where the speed limits were 40 and 50mph.

Petrol consumption was a lot better than my usual 35 mpg.