Laser eye surgery......

Has anyone else had problems with their eyes after laser eye surgery in Sheffield?

Has anyone else had problems with their eyes after laser eye surgery in Sheffield?

How long after?

11 years on for me since my laser surgery, and no problems at all! :D

11 years on for me since my laser surgery, and no problems at all! :D

How far can you shoot your beams?

How long after?

For nearly 2 years after having it done :-( I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has had problems.

Edited by EyeGirl

I had it done at the Sheffield Eye Laser Clinic in the Hallamshire - its owned by the NHS but operated privately. Had it done 3 years ago now, and I've gone from wearing glasses all the time for distance, tv and the likes to wearing nothing, and the improvement in vision is exemplary. I've had whats called a blended vision done, where one eye has been taken back from -3 to 0, and the other eye from -3 to -1. What that does is that if both eyes had been taken to 0, I would have needed reading glasses most of the time, but with a blended vision I can read without reading glasses. The ONLY time I need glasses at all is when I'm driving in the dark, as one eye focusses on the windscreen and the other looks long. Daytime driving is perfect and I've found I don't need to use sunglasses at all when driving either, which is odd - my eyes seem to cope better than before they were done. I'd give the Sheffield Eye Hospital 10/10 or is that 20:20, not cheap, but well worth that bit extra to know the NHS are behind it as well, plus a 5 year guarantee and review service as well !! Brilliant.

Hi EyeGirl,

I have had major problems following laser eye at Sheffield Vision Centre :'( where did you get yours done? It's 3 years since I had mine lasered. It has been an absolute nightmare. I have no idea how they get away with damaging people's eyes.

Hugs from me anyway. What problems have you had? I saw a girl sobbing uncontrabley when I went in last. Felt so sorry for her. Really wish I'd caught her name. We need some kinda support group.

I had mine done 4 years ago up there, fantastic staff and have had no complaints since

Has anyone had laser eye surgery recently?

I am -3.5 in both eyes and am considering LASIK or SMILE treatments

I have consultations booked in at optical express, optegra, optimax and sheffield vision clinic.

If you have used these companies, please let me know your experiences.