Blades v Norwich

A bit rich coming from your fans though, they worshipped a manager for years (Warnock) who regularly employed those tactics and still does.

How does feigning injury and wasting time benefit the other side, all the time wasted is added on after 90 minutes.

Hooligan this Hooligan that :loopy:

Every club has them , would be nice to hear how the game was or is that put to the back.:roll:

Edited by owl.66

Every club has them , would be nice to hear how the game was or is that put to the back.:roll:

Exactly. I'm often put off bothering to talk about the football because of obsessives digging up foolish reasons to have a dig on these boards.

Thought it was a decent game all in all, not a lot to choose between them but once Norwich scored they 'shut up shop' and defended what they had.

In fairness they defended well and made it difficult to create even half chances.

United have a problem currently with injuries in key positions. Sharp,Donaldson, Clarke and Lavery would have started before Evans who's carrying an injury which requires an operation, and Brooks who's short of experience.

The lack of 'cutting edge' was apparent, plenty of possession and some nice football at times but no real end product.

Norwich looked a tidy team and took advantage of just about the only chance they created, that's how it goes sometimes, and hopefully we'll profit in the same way later in the season.

The only real criticism I have of Norwich was their blatant time wasting, which started immediately they took the lead. All teams do it to an extent but they were well over the top and the ref should have taken some action.

Wilder was sent to the stand as a result of encroaching on the Norwich technical area in order to kick the ball back to our player to let him take a throw in.

The ball had rolled into their area and was stopped by a bag on the floor. The Norwich staff just stood there ignoring it, and given the time wasting antics of their team it was obvious they had no intention of returning it for play to resume.

Sending Wilder off for such a trivial offence just about summed up the officials attitude, although in fairness other than the lack of action on time wasting they weren't the worst ( or best ) I've seen.

How does feigning injury and wasting time benefit the other side, all the time wasted is added on after 90 minutes.

Warnock uses the tactic to slow and break up the game when the opposition is having a good spell, a side in full flow with the lions sharevof possession doesn't want the game to keep stopping. Hope that answers your question.

Is this the extent of the pettiness surrounding Sheffield footballing rivalry? Akin to my Grandsons stories of schoolyard antics.

You don't even have to be an avid football supporter but only following the national media to see that this sort of behaviour seems to have resurfaced from the plague that it was several decades ago and is heading towards an epidemic. I must have seen several incidents in the last couple of weeks alone.

I read in the local chip paper that both Sheffield clubs seem to be outdoing themselves in the arrest stakes. Nothing that a few prison sentences and lifetime bans wouldn't sort out. Idiots.

Is this the extent of the pettiness surrounding Sheffield footballing rivalry? Akin to my Grandsons stories of schoolyard antics.

You don't even have to be an avid football supporter but only following the national media to see that this sort of behaviour seems to have resurfaced from the plague that it was several decades ago and is heading towards an epidemic. I must have seen several incidents in the last couple of weeks alone.

I read in the local chip paper that both Sheffield clubs seem to be outdoing themselves in the arrest stakes. Nothing that a few prison sentences and lifetime bans wouldn't sort out. Idiots.

To be honest I've not seen any significant increase in arrests at either club, united are getting the bad press at the moment due to a small minority of really pathetic individuals. The biggest gate at S6 last season was the Newcastle game, there wasn't a single arrest all day. Not sure where your getting those stars from.

This sort of behaviour never went away it just moved location to areas other than the ground itself.

Chris Wilder

Match action

hahaha i see some of the united videos are calling Norwich cheating scum and cheats :hihi:

Another thing Wilder said in the RS interview,referring to the players out and unprompted,he said that it was't a question of 'prioritising games',so I don't know if he had already been asked that,or if he thought it might be in some peoples minds and he wanted to put it to bed.

A newly promoted Chairman says he's looking forward to the local Derby games again.

Can anyone tell me how someone could find fault in that?.