Scarborough Family

Does anyone have ANY information based on the Scarborough family - started in Attercliffe ( 1920's - 1950's ) then moved towards the Manor Estate / Wybourn areas ( 1960's ).

Thankyou Sincerely

James Monroe

Does anyone have ANY information based on the Scarborough family - started in Attercliffe ( 1920's - 1950's ) then moved towards the Manor Estate / Wybourn areas ( 1960's ).

Thankyou Sincerely

James Monroe

scarboroughs and sharrrocks related to them ... try attercliffe thread.some living at shiregreen last i heard.

Was it one of the Scarboroughs who was a victim of police brutality from the use of a Rhino Whip?

Probably not really helpfull but my uncle who was from Attercliffe sometimes mentioned a Frank Scarborough. Frank had a son possibly called Paul who would be around 47-48 now.

Edited by only_me

Hi Ya PopT,

Do you have any more info regarding this rhino whip??

jamessh2o

I cannot remember the details but the case was in the newspapers at the time and I believe the allegations and findings altered the law.

A sheffield man called Scarborough was held in custody and it was alleged that a policeman used a whip made from a Rhino's tail to beat a confession out of him.

Pictures of the marks on the man's back was published in one of the newspapers.

I believe two police officers were subsequently charged with the alleged offence-

I'm sorry i cannot remember anymore than that but I'm sure some forummer will give us the whole 'Guntz'-

PopT

Edited by PopT

Thankyou Sincerely

James Monroe

Hi I’m dawn Scarborough my dad was called frank Scarborough he lived on the wybourn I also have a sister called Ursula

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 13:07 ----------

Hi my dad was called frank Scarborough

Hi I’m dawn Scarborough my dad was called frank Scarborough he lived on the wybourn I also have a sister called Ursula

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 13:07 ----------

Hi my dad was called frank Scarborough

I remember Frank. Used to joke about the size of his wives bloomers a lot. :):)

Can someone tell me more about Frank Scarborough, re the Wybourn estate 

Please don’t give out anyone’s private or personal information without their prior knowledge and consent.

If you know the family in question please make them aware of this thread.

Thank you.

On 24/01/2021 at 23:14, Ian Brooks said:

Can someone tell me more about Frank Scarborough, re the Wybourn estate 

Frank is my dads dad, my dad is Gary frank scarborough he died two weeks ago. Jordan scarborough is my name