Colley School/Parson Cross College

I hear that Colley School is about to be demolished and I was wondering if anyone knew when Colley ceased to be a comprehensive school? What happened to all the kids there? What became of all the teachers when it changed to a college?

I was there in the 60's and have fond memories.

Originally posted by Bartonk

I hear that Colley School is about to be demolished and I was wondering if anyone knew when Colley ceased to be a comprehensive school? What happened to all the kids there? What became of all the teachers when it changed to a college?

I went to Colley in the early 80s,I think it stopped being a comp in the latter end.

I left in 83 and it was still going strong,not sure about knocking it down,I live nearby and as far as im aware its still going strong

hello

l live in parson cross and in a history group

would love to here from people who used to live here and have storys about the way parson cross was

Hi, as a former Colley school pupil myself I'm rather sad with the latest developments. My eldest child would have been ready to move up in to Colley but instead went to Yewlands - this was around 88-89 (I need to check the dates I'm getting rather old myself now). Anyway since those first changes Colley became known as the Parson Cross site of the Sheffield college and the old St Peter's catholic school became known as the Monteney site of the Sheff college. Come 2005 the school is destined to be demolished to make way for private housing, as is the old catholic school. The old age pensioners flats have already been demolished and the cul-de-sac area of those flats just behind the new Wordsworth Tavern is the area earmarked for the building of a new community centre. As far as I know this new building will include all the printing workshops that now operate in the Monteney site (St Petes) and a library/garden centre/tea room.

The library will be demolished so as to extend the co op on Margetson shops. Sad isn't it? That's why I'm joining Sandy's group working to research and document all these changes and hopefully all that went before.

i was the last year to attend colley school in 88-89 we used to fight with st peters after my year it became the college but then i left sheffield so i dont know whats happened since but id love to know

was at st peters in the 70s us and colley did battle many times anyone remember the marden coffe bar where we hung out .

was at st peters in the 70s us and colley did battle many times anyone remember the marden coffe bar where we hung out .

i use to go in the marden left colley about 72,and had many a battle with st peters. skins for ever.

lived on the cross for 25 yrs and went to Colley School left in 1979.

My name is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i lived on Holgate Rd in the steel houses in the 70s.

Love to here from anyone who knows me.

Edited by Mr Pops

Think i may know you i used to knock around with deb gillott.niel unwin

i allso was there in the sixtys iused to love the sheep a famly who lived across my back garden used to bring a sheep home to eat there grass in the holls forgot what there name was now

was anyone at colley around 64 67 i remember some names john gallivan anita dexster kath warren jacqueline pegg pat addams josie vincent my memorey int so good now they were all in my year love to know what became of them

idiots burnt it down a few years ago supposed to be building houses on land but what with recession who knows?