The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

hello all. my friend is wanting to stop smoking and is finding it very difficult so now thinking about getting hypnotised to stop. just wondering if anybody has tried it and think that its worth paying the money to do it... help and opinions would be appreciated :thumbsup:

hello all. my friend is wanting to stop smoking and is finding it very difficult so now thinking about getting hypnotised to stop. just wondering if anybody has tried it and think that its worth paying the money to do it... help and opinions would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Don't know about hypnotism.

Allen Carr's book is good though.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12584&highlight=allen+carr

My best mate gave up after 25 years of smoking following Allen Carr's book as draggeletail already mentions.

my mate went to one at rotherham last year,he as not smoked since,i can breath in fresh air now at work,not fags all day....sould have gone earlier,

My mate went to one too and it didn't help her at all! Don't think it's worth the money to be honest.

My mate went to one too and it didn't help her at all! Don't think it's worth the money to be honest.
it worked for my mate,and he passed the number on to at least 4 other people and i know all of them have not had one since,pity,they might need weight watchers soon.......

Im on the patches and plastic cigs and have been now for well over 6 weeks. They work perfectly, I was a 40 per day man since the early 70s and now I dont have the slightest cravings for cigs.

I know a few people who tried hypnotism and all of them failed. even people who combined hypnotism with patches and other things.

Hypnotism does help though don't go to a hypnotist and spend an absolute fortune.

Buy a stop smoking hypnotherapy CD from Amazon by a geezer called Glenn Harrold - about a tenner. Or if she's got an MP3 player then pay about £4 ($8.99) from somewhere like http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/ - they are British despite selling in dollars.

It takes a good few times of listening for it daily to change the subconscious so you're talking £hundreds at a hypnotherapist but peanuts for the above. Plus they can always be relistened to when the urge comes for a ciggy in the future, as will happen.

didn't stop me - cold turkey worked in the end.

babs

cheers everyone... will pass info on

Please look at my own thread on smokers are thick and help me to stop smoking:help: :help: :help: :help:

Theres a new pill out now. You can get it via prescription and its said to be the best thing out there. It works by fooling your brain into thinking that it has nicotine even though you arent smoking so you simply dont get the cravings.

I forget its name but they say its incredible. I tried Zyban last year but that was crap but Zyban is primarily an anti depressant but is said to help with jacking fags in. The new pill is solely for quitting the cigs.