Where to have bicycle fixed?

I have a hybrid Carrera Bicycle, nothing fancy, pretty standard bike, but the brakes don't work and has quite a rusty chain beyond lubrication. I wouldn't fancy doing this myself so could anyone recommend somewhere to take it that won't cost the earth?

Vernon Barker, in Dronfield.

Always did my own repairs in my cycling days, but anything I didn't have the tools for, or was beyond my abilities, I always went to jf Wilson on city road

I use Bike Rehab next to Devonshire Green. They are reasonably priced and give good service.

Bike Rehab are rebuilding a wheel for me soon and a very reasonable price compared to other shops (28 quid plus new spokes if needed)

Very popular at the moment. Its fully booked up until early June. I've heard a lot of positive comments about them.

Bike Rehab are rebuilding a wheel for me soon and a very reasonable price compared to other shops (28 quid plus new spokes if needed)

Very popular at the moment. Its fully booked up until early June. I've heard a lot of positive comments about them.

I had a couple of wheels rebuilt by Ed at Vernon Barker a couple of years ago. Very good job. I had tandem spokes which help on a 32 hole wheel. I much prefer 36H.

I guess it depends on how quickly you need your bike fixing?

Wheels on my summer bike built by Vernons and lovely they are to. They also restored my vintage Claud Butler (if you can call 1980 vintage)

Brakes are pretty straight forward. More than likely just need new cables (presuming they’re not hydraulic) and maybe a bit of oil on any moving parts, a simple DIY fix.

Chain again is a simple DIY job with the right tools. A chain link extractor would cost you less than what it’d cost for someone to repair it.

Plenty of how-to YouTube videos to reference to if you’re stuck.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

---------- Post added 26-05-2018 at 16:48 ----------

Everyone is making recomendations,

first question though should be.

which part of sheffield do you live in. there are lots of bike shops scattered around sheff. no point in sending you miles if theres one closer

I'm in S6.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

---------- Post added 26-05-2018 at 16:48 ----------

I'm in S6.

Has to be Butterworths then. Don't expect an email response, phone them or pop in.

J.E. James Supply Carrera Bikes. They repair them too..:)