Lodge moor hospital

I worked there around that time That was when we all worked incredibly hard but also knew how to have fun and enjoy our work! There were no layer on layer of mangement just one matron a deputy matron for each corridor one sister per ward and a team of SRNs SEN and auxilliarys. I was there when Princess Diana visited if you remember that I remember sister kemp sister cutler sister modest sister couldwell dep matron jackie wright and a deputy male matron ? Mr Mcdonald ?

I worked there around that time That was when we all worked incredibly hard but also knew how to have fun and enjoy our work! There were no layer on layer of mangement just one matron a deputy matron for each corridor one sister per ward and a team of SRNs SEN and auxilliarys. I was there when Princess Diana visited if you remember that I remember sister kemp sister cutler sister modest sister couldwell dep matron jackie wright and a deputy male matron ? Mr Mcdonald ?
. Thankyou so much for the reply yes I remember those sisters names etc is it at all possible you could private message me ? I was only 15 years old when I was in the hospital I go now to the spinal injuries at the northern general but I don’t think any of them worked at lodge moor as retired ? Do your remember a blonde lady sister Axon she was sister on my ward

---------- Post added 11-05-2018 at 10:12 ----------

I’m going to have a trip up to the David Wilson estate as I haven’t been all these years I’m in Leicestershire I have so many memories up there

Was anyone a lodge moor hospital South wards patient or staff between 1965 and 1979. My dad, John Jackson, was a patient on and off and i I'd love to hear your memories and experiences from those times.

I am not sure which ward or wing but I spent 3 weeks in Lodge Moor hospital 1961. Even though I was ill I loved it the staff were so nice I didn’t want to go home.