Can anyone help me with my english work?

Can anyone help me with my english work, i'm struggling to find out what the authorial voice of a text means? Also, what is mean't by the language used?

Thanks

Think it's something to do with the authorial voice moving the story along in between the characters dialogue. This is from my E.lit years ago...not sure what you mean by the language used. I'm sure there'd be some explanation on the web

Do you have an essay question? The language used generally means the range of words and phrases used by the author and what effect this creates.

What's text are you studying?

The text is just a newpaper article and the question was what can you tell about the authorial voice and the language used in the article?

The authorial voice is the viewpoint of the writer and the language used refers to the type of vocabulary used, ordinary everyday english, pompous, technical etc.

Talk about the person who wrote the article-I guess context isn't necessary if you're supposed to be making assumptions based on the article alone, but some background info might be useful to back up your presumptions. How do the choice of particular words used by the writer bring you to the conclusions that you've drawn about him/her? Good luck!