Argos special offers are a rip off.

Have been looking through the argos site and have noticed that a lot of special promotions are never available and thought it a bit suss.

Noticed this today

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=3699401

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=3880461+&Submit=GO+%3E

The special offer is not available anywhere in Sheffield yet the exact same toy (under a different name cat number and price ) is available.:loopy:

I would email watchdog as I was thinking the same thing the other day.

We were looking for several items the other day that are not on offer but on the 2 for £15 but could we find stock anywhere near South Yorkshire no. I put it down to whenever they have a spend x get a voucher offer.

Something else that winds me up large stuff if you can't buy it in store sell it with delivery charge included.

Have you tryd to put the offer of cat number in the sheffield store?, it is same in my catalogue the special offers are under diffrent cat numbers to the catalogue it self. If not and you want it, take it to Argos and show them the offer that you have found, i carnt see why they wont do it at the same price you found.

Mmmm. That doesn't look good. I never search Boots for their offers, after trawling through pages of their website and none of them that were decent were available. It's just a waste of time. If they don't have the offers, why do they still peddle them?

Perhaps there are other people after the same offers as you? Perhaps the store does not get enough stock in? Perhaps the stock is only available from certain stores?

Is it really a big deal? Our local shops are always advertising special offers but when you go for them they do not exist - so I go elsewhere. It's the places that have sales on ever day of the year that do my head in.

Dragon of Ana

The old one might have been a reduce to clear line. The new one is a chad valley one which used to be owned by Woolworths.

Sold out, thats all.

How can it be a rip off when you haven't paid anything out?

They are exactly the same toy it is even the same stock picture.

The more expensive one is available at Argos (angel street) The one on offer is unavailable.

It is obviously the same toy they even come with the same promotions just under 2different name.

Of course it is a rip off not just to me but to anyone who wants to buy it.

This is an ongoing problem with Argos why should you trawl through the catalogue then double check on the web you would think that both would have the same products available.

With regards to stock I wonder what is going on as I would have thought a store like Argos would be having daily deliveries just doesn't appear to ever get any toys in stock - maybe someone in purchasing would think that is toys are always out of stock they should order more!

You get nothing for nothing and in the marketing world, it's never as it seems.

Hate those Jet garages..once your through their front door you have to walk every isle to get to the counter...Grrrrr!