Do you look forward to the long winter nights?

The nights are starting to draw in and its getting to the time of the year where I look forward to coming home and lighting the fire, I dont think you can beat a night in front of a roaring log fire, some nice music and a glass or two of your favourite tipple.

How many people actually have an open fire on here?

Used to. Coal fire when I was younger. One of my favouite childhood memories, getting up in a morning, and the fire would still be glowing.

Useless fancy gas fire now. Dont bother with it, just stick the heating on.

Used to. Coal fire when I was younger. One of my favouite childhood memories, getting up in a morning, and the fire would still be glowing.

Useless fancy gas fire now. Dont bother with it, just stick the heating on.

Putting the heating on is a damn site easier, not to mention cleaner :roll::)

But for me, an open log fire is unbeatable, especially when there is snow on the ground and you come in after a snow balling session with hot aches and strip off all your wet clothes , then sit down with a nice mug of hot chocolate with rum :thumbsup:

I love this time of the year.

I love this time of the year.

I'm with you Matty on this one I love this time of year.

Nothing nicer than getting all wrapped up and off to the coast for some really nice blow your head off walks. Love it Love it Love it

Seeing the sunset over Whitby, Scarborough and Filey (my fav places) without having to stay there until 9pm is heaven.

Bring on the winter let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :D

And an even bigger bonus theres no bloody wasps around (which I have a real fear of - irrational I know but can't help it) :thumbsup:

We do when we light the campfire at the trailer :hihi: I myself prefer Spring or Fall. Maybe one of the reason's I hate winter is remembering how I had chilblains as a kid, who else had these beside me I wonder :huh:

We do when we light the campfire at the trailer :hihi: I myself prefer Spring or Fall. Maybe one of the reason's I hate winter is remembering how I had chilblains as a kid, who else had these beside me I wonder :huh:

I used to have a Spirograph.

And an even bigger bonus theres no bloody wasps around (which I have a real fear of - irrational I know but can't help it) :thumbsup:

there are reports that the albanian winter wasp has made an appearance in this country so we will probably have wasps all year round

I've just put a load of wine to mull in the slow cooker, I've lit all of my winter spice scented candles and turned the heating on.

I love this time of year :)

No, winter evenings are usually cold and therefore expensive.

I am just toasting some crumpets on a fork in front of the fire, God I love this time of year.

A lot of people suffer in autumn and winter because they get into a 'nesh' state of mind. People think im weird but i like this time of year, i like the cosyness of being indoors sometimes.