Crystals and their powers??

Do you believe they have some kind of power and if so what? Have you ever used them for a specific purpose and had a result that has confirmed to you they work? Some people claim to have been healed of illness with crystals, im interested to know of any stories you have, and indeed what crystal was used for what purpose, (if u know).:|

Oh, this would get so much stick during the day...

I'd love to chat about this subject, but even with my flame retardant cloak on, I fear the reprisals *grins*...

I will say I think crystals have no inherent properties of their own.

I believe crystals have about as much power as baked beans.

Hehehe. But baked beans can produce a very powerful form of energy...

Hehehe. But baked beans can produce a very powerful form of energy...

Correction, "I believe baked beans have more power than crystals." :hihi:

Correction, "I believe baked beans have more power than crystals." :hihi:

ROFL. You've said so many things today that have really made me belly laugh.

But that was the funniest!

Indeed it is a topic that will no doubt create varied answers, but there are alot of openly spiritual people who use the forum and perhaps they may wish to tell us about the topic as apose their flatulence problems, as interesting as they are..... ;)

i dont believe in this sort of thing but someone once gave me one as a gift for good health. my health was fine and for some reason my luck got worse than normal. it broke after a few weeks (not accidentally on purpose!!) and it seemed things got back on track, it was only after it broke that things kinda fell into place. superstition im sure.

Crystals can be a major soothing influence, especially if they tell you that life is going to run smoothly.

i dont believe in this sort of thing but someone once gave me one as a gift for good health. my health was fine and for some reason my luck got worse than normal. it broke after a few weeks (not accidentally on purpose!!) and it seemed things got back on track, it was only after it broke that things kinda fell into place. superstition im sure.

I can relate to this... A friend gave me a chain with a pendant of amythest when we were about 12 claiming it would bring me luck, my life became drastically worse, as I got older I stopped wearing the chain as much and things picked up, possibly unrelated but i do think about that chain alot when I reflect on that era of my life... Of course now I know that in order for a crystal to work for you it has to be charged to you... Maybe the person who gave it to you didnt know this and u got some bad vibes... providing there are any vibes that exist.

I think that most crystals are things of pure beauty and as such they are lovely to be around, handle and look at. There are also crystals which do have a medical influence, but only if you lick them (for instance, lepidlolite is meant to be calming in those with mania or struggling with nerves- it does this mainly by being a lithium salt!).

I collect crystals, rocks and mineral specimens, but I don't believe that they have any sort of mystical power. I collect them because they're more beautiful than most sorts of man made home decorations. If they had power then I'd expect to be a whole lot better than I am right now.