More Police on the streets

Over the course of the last few months there have been numerous threads started over the decline in everybodies areas. Is the answer more Police, higher profile police or something else.

Can anyone suggest anything that they believe would actually work? The onus at the moment is directed at parents who in all honesty are mostly no more than kids themselves. We all know people who have done their best to bring up their children the best way they can, only for them to get derailled into gangs or drugs. There is limit, you can't be with your kids all the time, other people will be influencing their lives that parents have no control over.

Something has to be done and quite soon.

I can see it becoming an election issue when it comes around next time, but all parties seem to be shying away from taking and promoting any specific line towards solving the problem. I myself am quick to pull apart any of the ideas that are proposed because some have been hairbrained to say the least.

There must be some solution or idea we are all missing.

The treadmill, and turbines, and best of all it's enviromentally friendly

on tv today it showed how central park new york was a no go area until a few years ago . now its the main family day out with things for the family all the time ..they said the reason for the success is wardens and park patrols. we used to have these a few years ago ,perhaps we should think along those lines. also most youth clubs are now closed ,there used to be dozens of them.

The treadmill, and turbines, and best of all it's enviromentally friendly

gets my vote.:thumbsup:

But don't forget the poor dears have rights.

be careful you will get Darren pillock saying its already a police state

gets my vote.:thumbsup:

But don't forget the poor dears have rights.

In my system.

The right to a break every 4 hours, and the right to work 8 hours on the treadmill per day for a meal.

They also have the right not to reoffend after thier sentence of labour, confinement and education.

It all seems like common sense to me. On a previous thread someone suggested the treadmill drive a turbine even better. Make them give something back to the community which they show no regard for.

It all seems like common sense to me. On a previous thread someone suggested the treadmill drive a turbine even better. Make them give something back to the community which they show no regard for.

It was me, I have been suggesting it since I was 12!

Funnily enough the majority of people agree with the idea.

Over the course of the last few months there have been numerous threads started over the decline in everybodies areas. Is the answer more Police, higher profile police or something else.

Can anyone suggest anything that they believe would actually work? The onus at the moment is directed at parents who in all honesty are mostly no more than kids themselves. We all know people who have done their best to bring up their children the best way they can, only for them to get derailled into gangs or drugs.

No actually, we don't.

There is limit, you can't be with your kids all the time, other people will be influencing their lives that parents have no control over.

Something has to be done and quite soon.

I can see it becoming an election issue when it comes around next time, but all parties seem to be shying away from taking and promoting any specific line towards solving the problem. I myself am quick to pull apart any of the ideas that are proposed because some have been hairbrained to say the least.

There must be some solution or idea we are all missing.

Are you trying to excuse the parents of yobs or vandals?

Maybe if a child is too young to be prosecuted the parents should be legally responsible and get prosecuted instead, i bet they'd suddenly find being a decent parent a bit easier.

No actually, we don't.

Are you trying to excuse the parents of yobs or vandals?

Maybe if a child is too young to be prosecuted the parents should be legally responsible and get prosecuted instead, i bet they'd suddenly find being a decent parent a bit easier.

totaly agree ,when the two boys killed james bulger, what happend to thier parents? nothing.. i had a child at thier age round about the same time and we wouldnt allow her to play anywhere that we couldnt see her , never mind wander round a shopping center . if they had been properly parented james bulger would still be here today..

I'm not sure that never letting children leave you sight is the answer.

Teaching them right from wrong in the first place is probably a better solution, then let them have the correct level of freedom to grow up into normal well adjusted adults.

I'm not sure that never letting children leave you sight is the answer.

Teaching them right from wrong in the first place is probably a better solution, then let them have the correct level of freedom to grow up into normal well adjusted adults.

exactly right and a ten year old is not ready to walk the streets unsupervised in the world we now live in. the good old days have gone long ago.