Free PDF editor??

Searched and all PDF related threads are old and out of date. I need to make just some simple changes to archived past exam papers.

There seem to be loads of options out there that either cost, free and promise but don't really work or dodgy malware sites.

Don't want to convert to word as this would mess the formatting up.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Without being too direct - the only reason for altering past exam papers is either because you are a teacher, or because you are cheating?

Either way, Adobe still holds copyright to PDF and charges other software houses for editing functionality.

If you have GNU/Linux there is a free pdf reader/editor from Code Industry - I used it to create a fellow moderator's guide on Zorin forum:

https://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor/

I also use other pdftools from the Software repositories available via Synaptic Package Manager.

Code industries offer a demo version which has watermarks present for Windows users - you have to purchase the windows version. The only difference between the Free and Commercial Linux software is listed on that link I have provided and based on what you need it is all that should be required in terms of the Free version for GNU/Linux.;)

Without being too direct - the only reason for altering past exam papers is either because you are a teacher, or because you are cheating?

Either way, Adobe still holds copyright to PDF and charges other software houses for editing functionality.

Teacher, only want to delete the date on the exam paper (these are from 2009-2016) so I can set them for homework and students can't find answers easy.:hihi:

---------- Post added 12-09-2017 at 22:34 ----------

If you have GNU/Linux there is a free pdf reader/editor from Code Industry - I used it to create a fellow moderator's guide on Zorin forum:

https://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor/

I also use other pdftools from the Software repositories available via Synaptic Package Manager.

Code industries offer a demo version which has watermarks present for Windows users - you have to purchase the windows version. The only difference between the Free and Commercial Linux software is listed on that link I have provided and based on what you need it is all that should be required in terms of the Free version for GNU/Linux.;)

Hoped you would reply:thumbsup: found your posts helpful in the past. PC is windows I'm afraid other operating systems way beyond me.

Other OS's are not beyond you! If you like I can easily give you a free demonstration - I have a plethora of GNU/Linux on my thumb drive which is another option open to you - run GNU/Linux OS live, access the pdf from another thumb drive or the computer's hard drive, install Code Industry's pdf editor in live mode, do the edit and job done. ;)

sorry dont have time to look myself - but if you google "Gizmo 46 Freeware" you will find a huge archive of PC/Windows free stuff. The site has been running for years and is pretty good at pointing out issues (like potential spyware) in freeware

There are other places like that one, but it is my "go to"

Adobe turned off their CS2 licensing several years ago, and made activation-free copies of their software available.

If you have a valid serial number, you can install Acrobat 8 from here:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/STEP/APRO23_Win_ESD1_WWEFG.exe

There are chrome extensions that can 'edit' PDFs..