Would it have been better having a one team City?

As per my title, as we all know Wednesday are the oldest club in Sheffield until United turned up and split the loyalty's of the city. Would it have been better for Wednesday to be the sole club and have the undivided attention/support (Like Leeds/Newcastle) Surely Sheffield could have become a footballing powerhouse and they could have been talking about us in the same breath as Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal?

As per my title, as we all know Wednesday are the oldest club in Sheffield until United turned up and split the loyalty's of the city. Would it have been better for Wednesday to be the sole club and have the undivided attention/support (Like Leeds/Newcastle) Surely Sheffield could have become a footballing powerhouse and they could have been talking about us in the same breath as Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal?

If another club hadn't emerged then yes, it did so it's a definite no.

The football section on here would be a bit dull.We'd be trying to invent a none existent rivalry with Barnsley and Rotherham.

The football section on here would be a bit dull.We'd be trying to invent a none existent rivalry with Barnsley and Rotherham.

Yes I did think that (I wonder what its like on Leedsforum?) Would we just form factions regarding how the team should play/line ups etc?

Yes I did think that (I wonder what its like on Leedsforum?) Would we just form factions regarding how the team should play/line ups etc?

they probably fight among themselves :hihi:

Guest sibon

We've been a one team city for the last five years anyway.

I miss the old days, when there were two.

Yeh ,we'd have to have a ding dong about summat. Season ticket holders vs Non ..... Kop vs Main stand . We'd have just had to be a bit more inventive :)

---------- Post added 23-03-2017 at 19:07 ----------

We've been a one team city for the last five years anyway.

I miss the old days, when there were two.

Little brother's on his way to torment you.

Guest sibon

Little brother's on his way to torment you.

:D:D:D

Come on then.:P

:D:D:D

Come on then.:P

Careful what you wish for.If the Owls don't go up it'll be like a war zone on here a week either side of the derby games :)

---------- Post added 23-03-2017 at 19:25 ----------

*rubs mud in little brothers face*

Headbutts big brother in nuts :)

I'd rather have pins put into my eyes and have my nuts crushed by a vice than be one major premier league team playing against the likes of Barcelona

I'd rather stay in League 1 and play the likes of Fleetwood

And then complain that a major city like Sheffield cam't have a premier league team