Women to be allowed to serve on the front line combat operations.

The ban on women fighting on the front line has been lifted. Women already play an important role in the Armed Forces mostly in the medical corps the only area left was front Iine operations personally if they are prepared to have a go why not though I suspected the ' old school 'will not like it.

The ban on women fighting on the front line has been lifted. Women already play an important role in the Armed Forces mostly in the medical corps the only area left was front Iine operations personally if they are prepared to have a go why not though I suspected the ' old school 'will not like it.

Don't really like the idea of seeing a captured British female soldier being gang-raped live on the internet if I'm honest.

Call me old fashioned.

Only 5% of women currently serving in the army are likely to pass the physical.

Good luck to them.

Equal does not mean the same.

Stupid crazy idea which will put women at risk just to pander to the women who are never going to want to serve in the front line anyway. Add to that the fact is on the whole they are just not strong enough and will likely slow down and hinder any operations they take part in on the front line as you are only as strong as your weakest man/women.

Modern day feminism will have a lot to answer for when women start coming home in body bags.

Don't really like the idea of seeing a captured British female soldier being gang-raped live on the internet if I'm honest.

Call me old fashioned.

So men don't get gang raped?

So men don't get gang raped?

You know the point he is making, which is a fair one in my opinion.

You know the point he is making, which is a fair one in my opinion.

Actually i don't - is it less distressing if they were to gang rape a man and post on the internet?

There is likely to be more of a risk of such a despicable act being performed against women, i agree.

The women get paid the same they should be able to work the same.

After all not all men join the forces with the intention of becoming a front line combatant.

I am 66 and "old school" and I definitely do not like the idea of females on the front line. Behind the front line is fine.

Angel1.

Quite a strange rule to change, in the last few weeks of Cameron being PM, hasnt he got any more important changes to make?

Never seen the appeal of being shot at as a living but surely a man dying, being raped, losing his legs, etc. is just as upsetting as the same happening to woman? If a woman wants to fight on the frontline and passes the tests to do so then surely thats her choice?

Quite a strange rule to change, in the last few weeks of Cameron being PM, hasnt he got any more important changes to make?

I wouldn't think this has just been decided overnight.....

Actually i don't - is it less distressing if they were to gang rape a man and post on the internet?

There is likely to be more of a risk of such a despicable act being performed against women, i agree.

The women get paid the same they should be able to work the same.

After all not all men join the forces with the intention of becoming a front line combatant.

A captured British woman soldier is likely to more valuable use to the likes of Islamic State for propoganda purposes than a captured British male soldier. I think seeing a woman subject to any form of torture, would be even more distressing than seeing a man tortured and have a bigger impact.