Beware 01159 scam calls

last 3 days at 2.30pm a call from this number and nobody answers,anybody else had it

---------- Post added 08-07-2016 at 16:09 ----------

starting 01159

last 3 days at 2.30pm a call from this number and nobody answers,anybody else had it

---------- Post added 08-07-2016 at 16:09 ----------

starting 01159

I'm kinda puzzled. How can it be a scam call if nobody answers? :huh:

I'm kinda puzzled. How can it be a scam call if nobody answers? :huh:

Could it be one of those numbers that cost a small fortune if you ring it back??

Could it be one of those numbers that cost a small fortune if you ring it back??

No. It's an 01 number.

Hmmm...Possibly. I've got a foolproof method of stopping dodgy calls on my landline. I just never answer the phone...Not ever! I've only got it because I'm forced to have it as part of a Virgin package. I never give the landline number to anyone, so I rarely if ever get to hear it ring, and if it does, I know it's nobody that actually knows me, as anyone who does, rings my mobile.

You can just google a number and find out where and who it came from. There's loads of sites that give you this information.

I keep meaning to get the new BT phone with the advanced call blocker but, only had one junk call in over a week. (Hope this isn't tempting fate.)

Hmmm...Possibly. I've got a foolproof method of stopping dodgy calls on my landline. I just never answer the phone...Not ever! I've only got it because I'm forced to have it as part of a Virgin package. I never give the landline number to anyone, so I rarely if ever get to hear it ring, and if it does, I know it's nobody that actually knows me, as anyone who does, rings my mobile.

You can just google a number and find out where and who it came from. There's loads of sites that give you this information.

I've not even got a phone connected to my landline. The handset broke and I never replaced it, it's only there for the broadband anyway.

We get loads of 0843 calls at work with recorded messages about PPI, boilers, debt, life insurance. They're a pain. They seem to have changed tactic lately and are using 018******* numbers instead.