They're on the march

Since the referendum I seem to have had a large influx of so called charities banging on my door asking for Donations .When asked I politely explain that I don't do donations to charities on my doorstep to which they look at me as if to say why not .Well the reason why not is :

#1: I was having my Bl££%Y tea ,that is now cold, after talking to you .

#2: I know full well by the time you and your mates have taken a cut out of any donation I may give only a small proportion of it will go to the charity IF ANY .

#3 :Charity begins at home particularly as of now where in a period of uncertainty, so all my hard earned stays where it is, in the wife’s purse.

#4: I am sick and tired of these people invading my privacy do they not understand that by trying to lay a guilt trip on me by showing me a photo of some poor B**ger dying of cancer has zero affect. I am now immune and de sensitised to their tales of woe . My conscience is clear

Since the referendum I seem to have had a large influx of so called charities banging on my door asking for Donations .When asked I politely explain that I don't do donations to charities on my doorstep to which they look at me as if to say why not .Well the reason why not is :

#2: I know full well by the time you and your mates have taken a cut out of any donation I may give only a small proportion of it will go to the charity IF ANY .

#3 :Charity begins at home particularly as of now where in a period of uncertainty, so all my hard earned stays where it is, in the wife’s purse.

#4: I am sick and tired of these people invading my privacy do they not understand that by trying to lay a guilt trip on me by showing me a photo of some poor B**ger dying of cancer has zero affect. I am now immune and de sensitised to their tales of woe . My conscience is clear

Just put a sign on your door saying no charity callers.

Just tell them you already volunteer and make generous donations and prefer not to be asked for more.

Alternatively, don't answer the door - there isn't a law that states you have to - especially if you are eating your b%%%dy tea !:)

lots of charity bags through the door, not many callers. happy to give to Macmillan though.

If your conscience is clear why rant about it?

Invading your privacy? Gosh, someone knocks on your door and you feel violated? You might be de-sensitised but you do sound paranoid.

I thought you meant something more serious than charity workers when I saw the thread.

Edited by Radan

#5 They're for goodness sake. Their on the march is the on the march belonging to them.

Tell them you're a follower of Jeremy Corbyn. :D

Its not the referendum they have always been doing it. They march around at 830 at night in S2. And then they get strop on when you tell them you are not interested in giving someone who is paid £7.00 per hour your bank details when you already give enough to charity.

Simply answer the door in a state of nakedness......With a pretty pink bow neatly tethered to your appendage.:P

Simply answer the door in a state of nakedness......With a pretty pink bow neatly tethered to your appendage.:P

Can you PM me your address please? :hihi: