EU Referendum, would you change your vote?

Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you change your vote in the 2016 EU referendum?

• Yes: Change from Leave to Remain.
    • Yes: Change from Remain to Leave.
    • No: I voted to Leave and I'm happy with my decision.
    • No: I voted to Remain and I'm happy with my decision.
    • N/A: I didn't vote.

There has been many references in the media to people wishing to change their vote in the past referendum, with some interviewed stating how they voted to leave the EU thinking the UK would in fact stay, in effect registering a protest vote. Some of these people now regret their decision to vote Leave and the media have coined the verbs "Bregret" or "Regrexit". Is this just a media none story or is there a sizable number of people who would change their mind given a second chance?

Did you vote to leave the EU but now regret your decision? Or did you vote to remain but would have voted to Leave?

Ask a mod to have a poll included in this this thread.

I wouldn't change my vote. I'd vote leave again.

Ask a mod to have a poll included in this this thread.

I wouldn't change my vote. I'd vote leave again.

Alan, I was being slow at creating the poll. Its up there now.

A poll would be interesting - as I see the media comments but don't personally know anyone who has admitted voter remorse

Personally voted to stay, would again

There has been many references in the media to people wishing to change their vote in the past referendum, with some interviewed stating how they voted to leave the EU thinking the UK would in fact stay, in effect registering a protest vote. Some of these people now regret their decision to vote Leave and the media have coined the verbs "Bregret" or "Regrexit". Is this just a media none story or is there a sizable number of people who would change their mind given a second chance?

Did you vote to leave the EU but now regret your decision? Or did you vote to remain but would have voted to Leave?

A Newsnight poll said 5% who voted Brexit would now vote remain.

2% of Remainers would now vote Brexit.

The edition aired last week. I think the poll was about 1000 people but can't be certain.

Extrapolating that, Brexit would still win by 175,000 votes.

Edited by Radan

The edition aired last week. I think the poll was about 1000 people but can't be certain.

I prefer and trust the poll last week of 40 odd million people more.

so whatever would have happened (or indeed did actually happen) about half the country would be unhappy

I prefer and trust the poll last week of 40 odd million people more.

Jolly good. Don't shoot the messenger.

how anyone can say they are unhappy i dont know??, nothing has happend yet either way apart from a few market flurries up and down. i should be unhappy as i lost some money on a dollar deal importing but i know it will come back.

we are not even out yet and wont be for at least 2 years, so if everyone buys british where ever they can and buys and supports independents then thats a good start??

how anyone can say they are unhappy i dont know??, nothing has happend yet either way apart from a few market flurries up and down. i should be unhappy as i lost some money on a dollar deal importing but i know it will come back.

we are not even out yet and wont be for at least 2 years, so if everyone buys british where ever they can and buys and supports independents then thats a good start??

Well the Leave campaign has reneged on their pledge to give the £350 million to the NHS already.

Well the Leave campaign has reneged on their pledge to give the £350 million to the NHS already.

Theoretically that 350 million could be spent on the NHS if a government so wished. Not likely I know, but the point is it isn't going to the EU.

y I know, but the point is it isn't going to the EU.

What do you mean it itsn't going to the EU???

News last week said it was going to the EU either way, we'd have to pay it for access to the EU market.

Like it or not the EU will get it's money.