Crystals and their powers??

The topic is about crystals. Not a thread to be hijacked. Still -

If you remove my brain - if my brain stops conducting electricity - then who can say whether the mind continues or not? That is what many religions believe - though they often say spirit or such. Ghosts are widely accepted - so do ghosts have lumps of jello in their skulls? And if you do not believe in ghosts then maybe you are religious and wonder where god keeps his big lump of jello. And it goes on and on.

Believe what you will. If you want to believe your brain and your mind are the same then cool - enjoy.

Dragon of Ana

Ghosts are widely accepted - by whom?

And its jelly. And I believe your brain may indeed be made from it.

Yeah, I get the believe what you will part, and third repetition of your little brain-electricity spiel, but you didn't answer again, shall I try once more? I have been asking nicely. Can you tell me what you think the mind consists of/is made of? I would be interested to know what you think.

Also I don't believe in god, ghosts, or spirits either, they are all superstitions.

The topic is about crystals. Not a thread to be hijacked. Still -

You are the one who started the whole brain mind thing back in post 43, why are you accusing yourself of hijacking the thread?

If you want to discuss crystals then why did you ignore the response I made to you on just that back on page 1?

If you remove my brain - if my brain stops conducting electricity - then who can say whether the mind continues or not?

Good job ignoring my earlier point that there's an intermediate point between alive and well and dead which your pathetic appeal to ignorance deliberately avoids and which very strongly indicates that 'mind' is simply a product of the brain. Brain injury.

If as you claim the "mind" is an independent entity and not simply a term used to describe the product of a human brain then why is it that people's "minds" are so drastically affected when their brains are damaged?

If your whole brain was removed you'd certainly die and it would be impossible to prove that your mind wasn't magically existing in some other dimension or some such nonsense. Of course there'd also be zero evidence that you mind did survive your death and that which is asserted with no evidence can be dismissed with no evidence. However in this circumstance we have considerable evidence against your claims as we know that if instead of removing your entire brain only certain parts of it were removed you wouldn't die but your "mind" would be a very different entity thus demonstrating that mind is a product of the brain.

Such an experiment would obviously be unethical but we don't need to every do such a thing as the natural working of the world throws up all too many examples of people who's 'minds' have been affected by damage to their brains all the time. Having recently got back from visiting an elderly relative who's brain has been severely damaged by a stroke and who has become a changed person because of that the absurdity of your claim that the mind and brain aren't two words for the same thing is all too clear to me.

That is what many religions believe - though they often say spirit or such. Ghosts are widely accepted - so do ghosts have lumps of jello in their skulls? And if you do not believe in ghosts then maybe you are religious and wonder where god keeps his big lump of jello. And it goes on and on.

And just like you none of those believers in other superstitions can provide the slightest bit of evidence to support their claims.

Believe what you will. If you want to believe your brain and your mind are the same then cool - enjoy.

On what grounds do you claim there's the