Goodbye to Uber??

2 Uber rides last night in Sheffield both quick easy and cheap, probably 1/3 cheaper than black cabs. the other upside to Uber is the driver cannot fiddle he tax system??? no cash involved and every fare traceable. cant see the problem people have with it ?:suspect:

With newfound inspiration, Sheffield's black cab contingent are now lobbying the council to ban Uber in Sheffield

http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/taxi-rep-calls-on-sheffield-to-consider-uber-ban-after-london-ruling-1-8768591

Mr Ibrar Hussain

I challenge you to put a vote up for the sheffield public, who would they rather have as a taxi service in sheffield, uber or sheffield black cabs i challenge you.

With newfound inspiration, Sheffield's black cab contingent are now lobbying the council to ban Uber in Sheffield

http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/taxi-rep-calls-on-sheffield-to-consider-uber-ban-after-london-ruling-1-8768591

London has different regulations.

If you want to ban a minicab/private hire company (that is registered outside Sheffield) from Sheffield, you are going to have to undo all the 2015 Deregulation.

Personally I think the 2015 deregulation was a bad move. Not because of Uber, but I believe that we should have the right to control standards in our own city/region.

Personally I think the 2015 deregulation was a bad move. Not because of Uber, but I believe that we should have the right to control standards in our own city/region.

How do you think the rest of the transportation industry in this country has flourished and generated so much wealth, opportunity, and competition? It's only been possible by creating open and liberalised free markets.

Could you imagine what the scene would look like if identity politics at the local council level dictated which airlines were allowed to fly into DSA?

Or which train companies were allowed to pull into Sheffield station?

Or which courier and haulage companies were allowed to do business here?

Or which telecom operators were allowed to provide coverage?

We'd look like Venezuela!

How do you think the rest of the transportation industry in this country has flourished and generated so much wealth, opportunity, and competition? It's only been possible by creating open and liberalised free markets.

Could you imagine what the scene would look like if identity politics at the local council level dictated which airlines were allowed to fly into DSA?

We had a nationalised rail system that wasn't regulated at local level. Marketised transport isn't the only option, as evidenced in most of Europe

I'm discussing minicabs operating in Sheffield with impunity.

As far as their deregulation is concerned, it has resulted in a regression that has taken us closer to a "venuzuela".

All your other examples are irrelevant to the matter in hand.

2 Uber rides last night in Sheffield both quick easy and cheap, probably 1/3 cheaper than black cabs. the other upside to Uber is the driver cannot fiddle he tax system??? no cash involved and every fare traceable. cant see the problem people have with it ?:suspect:

What about the people who have said they had taken too much off them and didn't know

until they checked later, some don't bother checking at all.

Edited by AmberLeaf

I have used uber extensively and have nothing but praise for the service. The drivers have invariably been polite and courteous. The cars have invariably been clean and modern. The waiting time has always been short and the price low in comparison with black cabs. I like also the facts that the transaction is logged and that you are provided with information about the driver and also that you can trace the car as it nears your pick up point. In my view it is also a safe means of transport, providing a door to door service, with journeys always logged.

---------- Post added 25-09-2017 at 17:52 ----------

What about the people who have said they had taken too much off them and didn't know

Uber sends you an invoice to your phone soon after the journey is completed,so you should know exactly the amount you have paid for the journey. I like the fact that you do not have to fiddle around with cash in the vehicle. I also like the fact that you can rate the drivers and they can also rate you as a passenger.

its a set fare when you book, any problems with route etc they refund immediately dont listen to the rumour mill:roll: