Why I will NEVER donate to a food bank

We don't know what real hardship is in this country.

You may not but some do, for instance those who have to choose between eating or staying warm. I'd say that's 'real' enough for those that experience it.

You may not but some do, for instance those who have to choose between eating or staying warm. I'd say that's 'real' enough for those that experience it.

We have an excellent welfare system in this country, so compared to many places in the world real poverty just doesn't exist.

That said, relative poverty is pretty bad and the system is by no means perfect.

So the difference between eating or putting on a jumper is an example of real hardship? The majority of the world's population wouldn't agree.

So the difference between eating or putting on a jumper is an example of real hardship? The majority of the world's population wouldn't agree.

Well the Tories have come round and stolen all the poor people's jumpers so that would be difficult.

Does someone say that it's the same people, or have you just made that bit up? :huh:

Just made it up. The truth is often very dull

Saw a clip several years ago....

So it was such a big issue for you that it only took you several years to get round to posting about it.

Talking of debt I see your party UKIP got into a lot of it from standing in elections. Based on your principle I assume you´ll not be standing for UKIP in any more elections or supporting anyone else who does;

·Ukip is in financial disarray and has struggled to pay its bills since the general election.

·The party required a loan of £350,000 from the hedge fund boss Christopher Mills two working days before a legal deadline in July to meet its election costs. According to Electoral Commission records, it is yet to repay the money·.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article4687983.ece

We have an excellent welfare system in this country, so compared to many places in the world real poverty just doesn't exist.

That said, relative poverty is pretty bad and the system is by no means perfect.

Used to have an excellent welfare system. It still works well for some people but has become very patchy and can be completely arbitrary. This is what has driven the explosion in food bank usage. If people had to eat what you get in a typical food parcel for a few weeks they'd go off the idea that people would choose to live on them.

Food banks fuel more food banks. If you didn't have to give up fags or booze why would you? Ditch the food banks and give us fags and booze banks !

Food banks fuel more food banks. If you didn't have to give up fags or booze why would you? Ditch the food banks and give us fags and booze banks !

You spent a lot of time talking to people at food banks to have discovered this 'truth' have you?