Carney earns too much?

Perhaps he should experience some austerity?

He is if he is paid in Uk pounds, have you seen the value of the Pound against the Canadian $?

He is if he is paid in Uk pounds, have you seen the value of the Pound against the Canadian $?

Did he declare his interest in the relevant way ;)

Perhaps he should experience some austerity?

This is no different to a mechanic telling you not to drive your car offroad but when you do you moan at the cost to repair it. The cost of the mechanics time and expertise is not going to go down just because you have made a bad judgement.

Carney said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

The IMF said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

The World Bank said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

Barack Obama said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

Just about everyone with any insight into the UK's or world economics said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

But the British public voted with Gove who said people had had enough of experts. Well experts tend to know more than the average person and their predictions are coming true.

Edited by Berberis

You cant penalise the guy for what is happening now. He and all other banks advised we remain in the EU. The advice was clear and the people ignored it. The game has now changed.

:hihi::hihi:

That's made my day. Post of the post-referendum this one!

I can't recall the debate programmes with Labour or Tory shouting - 'For the love of god, please, we must trust the bankers' - they'd have been laughed off the stage. Labour anyway. The Tory who says it would be told that he's trying to save his/her 'mates', then, laughed off the stage.

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 10:49 ----------

This is no different to a mechanic telling you not to drive your car offroad but when you do you moan at the cost to repair it. The cost of the mechanics time and expertise is not going to go down just because you have made a bad judgement.

Carney said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

The IMF said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

The World Bank said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

Barack Obama said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

Just about everyone with any insight into the UK's or world economics said don't leave the EU or there will be economic consequences.

But the British public voted with Gove who said people had had enough of experts. Well experts tend to know more than the average person and their predictions are coming true.

Well I must be one then, because I said the markets would crash initially.

We haven't even left yet, it's only been a couple of weeks since the decision. The vote was made, the majority wanted change, and we'll have to wait to see how things turn out.

:hihi::hihi:

That's made my day. Post of the post-referendum this one!

I can't recall the debate programmes with Labour or Tory shouting - 'For the love of god, please, we must trust the bankers' - they'd have been laughed off the stage. Labour anyway. The Tory who says it would be told that he's trying to save his/her 'mates', then, laughed off the stage.

---------- Post added 06-07-2016 at 10:49 ----------

Well I must be one then, because I said the markets would crash initially.

We haven't even left yet, it's only been a couple of weeks since the decision. The vote was made, the majority wanted change, and we'll have to wait to see how things turn out.

I was referring to national banks etc not Your local Natwest.

So far there has only been a downturn in our economy. The BOE has had to input a stimulus package within days of the result. The markets have reacted and our currency has devalued massively. Some people will claim that the FTSE 100 has risen, but this is just the market taking advantage of the lower cost of buying British stocks due to our currency value drop. The FTSE 100 index does not affect the average person while the value of our currency, Us being a nation that relies heavily on imports will affect everyone.

Edited by Berberis

I was referring to national banks etc not Your local Natwest.

:confused:

At leat you responded to a post, shame it's an odd one that makes no sense :|

Anyway,. talking of markets, see you later. The taxi market has exploded today with Eid, so I'm off to go and earn some worthless pounds :D

You cant penalise the guy for what is happening now. He and all other banks advised we remain in the EU. The advice was clear and the people ignored it. The game has now changed.

I criticised the guy for talking gloom and doom when the pound and the FT index where on the rise and caused them to fall again. If he says, o'h the pound has fallen a lot so we will have to do A or B then so be it, but he is doing what Mervyn King didn't do after the disaster that was the banking crisis which was to cause a worse situation by preaching gloom and doom every time something improved a little.